Chapter 9 ✔︎

"Oh, well we'll be sure not to speak it again," Mia spoke, walking over to me. "Right Y/n?" I laughed, "Yep." I replied. Pepa eyed us suspiciously before speaking again; breaking the silence. "Okay well if you see Camilo be sure to tell me. Now Mia, Abuela is in a bad mood, if she runs into you doing something you shouldn't be then we're all doomed, stay out of her path." and with that Pepa smiled and leaved the room, carrying a brown crate with Antonios name painted onto it. 

"You know what?" I asked, turning to Mia. "What?" I looked into Mias eyes, placing my hands on her shoulders sympathetically, "Abuela and you don't seem like you two get along well." I spoke. Mia tilted her head to the side, "Oh really? How could you spot that out?" Mia asked sarcastically. I chuckled and walked over to the window, the sky was a pallet of black and blue.

I rested my elbows on the windowsill and placed my head onto of my hands, "The sky is beautiful tonight," I spoke, admiring the beautiful stars. "I wonder what it's like to be an astronaut. Just imagine how great it would be!" Mia laughed as I spun around, reaching my arms out and moving my hands around on its joint. "Does your family appreciate you?" Mia asked in a quivering voice.

I turned to face her. She had streaks of tears going down her face and she was biting her lips, her eyebrows were bent. Mia. I felt terrible, she probably felt terrible. Being in a wonderful family with people who have amazing gifts and she has none. I'd feel bad, I'd feel sad. "Oh Mia" I softly spoke. I ran to her and wrapped my arms around her and squeezed her, "Yes, and I'm sure your family appreciates you too! I mean I'd do anything for you to be in my family! Like c'mon, you're awesome!" I spoke, holding Mia out at arms length, beaming.

Mia laughed slightly, "Seriously?" She asked. "Yeah! Girl look at you," I said, pulling Mia in front of her vanity mirror. "You're beautiful, and you're smart! You have a wonderful brain and a big heart! If anything, don't tell Camilo I said this, you're my favorite in this family." I spoke, chuckling. Mia smiled, "You're an amazing friend, I'm lucky to have you." Mia spoke, pulling in for another hug.

"Dinner!"

We pulled out of the hug, "You head that? It's dinner! Let's go!" I shouted, jumping around. Mia laughed at me and shook her head as she wiped the tears off her face. "Let's go, what are you waiting for?" I asked, a large grin painted on my face. Mia shrugged, "Good question. What am I thinking?" Mia spoke, rolling her eyes playfully. "I bet I can beat you there, last one there has to slap Isabella!" I shouted, pointing at Mia.

"Game on." Mia said, smirking. Mia ran for the door, but I jumped in front of her and wrenched open the door. As I was exiting Mia slid between my legs and ran for the stair case. Casita made the stairs disappear, "Aw Casita! You cheater!" Mia spoke, laughing. I smiled at her and began to run to another stair case by Dolores's room.

I ran and passed Luisas room, Isabellas room, I was passing Camilos room when Casita lifted up a tile and began to fall. Everything was happening so fast that I didn't even know what just happened. Before I knew it I was in someone's arms, "Be careful there hermosa, you could hurt yourself." Someone spoke. I recognized the tone and immediately knew it was Camilo by the nickname.

"Hola pretty boy." I spoke, grinning. Camilo lifted me back up, "Why were you in such a rush?" Camilo asked, grabbing my wrist and pulling me down the stairs. "Oh Mia and I were racing, but I'm guessing I lost." I spoke, studying my fingernails closely. "Racing? What part of the story are you leaving out?" Camilo asked, practically reading my mind.

I laughed, "I bet that I would get down here first, but since I tripped I'm guessing she's already down here." I spoke, explaining the details carefully. Camilo nodded his head, "Aw, that makes sense. Anyways, you're sitting by me at the table. C'mon!" Camilo spoke, dragging me along with him towards the table.

"Camilo! That's not how we treat a lady! Oh how sorry I am Y/n." Abuela shouted across the room. Camilo stopped running and blushed out of embarrassment, "Hey it's okay, let's go find a seat." I spoke, ruffling his hair. Camilo nodded silently.

Camilo and I found a seats next to each other, I nestled in between Dolores and Camilo. Mia was across the table from me, we were kicking each others feet from under the table. "Everyone I have an announcement to make! In a few days Mariano will be proposing to Isabella at dinner. The dinner must go perfect! Everyone got that?" Abuela asked, snapping her fingers.

"Yes mama."

"Yeah."

Camilo nodded. Abuela smiled, satisfied with everyone's agreement. "Now we can start dinner." Abuela spoke, sitting down. "Y/n can you pass me the bread rolls?" Pepa asked, leaning forward so she could make eye contact with me. "Of course I can!" I spoke, grabbing the bowl with the bread rolls in it; I passed the bowl to Camilo, Camilo passed the bowl to Felix, and Felix passed the bowl to Pepa. "Gracias Y/n." Pepa spoke. "Your welcome."

I grabbed a heaping of fruit and weird looking foods, I assumed Julieta made them. I took a bite into one and my mouth filled with cheese, it was really good! So good in fact, I grabbed four more. "Could you pass me butter?" I asked Dolores. Dolores nodded and gave me the butter plate. I used the butter knife to get some butter, I then slid the butter onto my plate. I used my personal knife to pick up the butter and spread it on my food. 

"Juice?" Camilo asked, handing me a yellow pitcher full of orange juice. "Yes please, thank you." I spoke, grabbing the pitcher and pouring some of its contents into my glass. "Anything for you bonita chica." Camilo spoke, smirking. I tilted my head down, blocking my face so Camilo couldn't see I was blushing. Camilo chuckled and passed the pitcher back to Felix.

                       —————————

I ate one last piece of my mango and then stood up, following Mia and Pepa into the kitchen to place our dishes in the sink. I walked in to see Mia leaning on the counter and Pepa sitting in a chair. I eyed them, they were acting suspicious. I placed my plate in the sink and began to walk back to the table to continue my conversation with Dolores when Mia stopped me. "So Y/n how are you and Camilo?" She asked.

I was confused. She knows we're friends, so I don't get what she's asking. "What do you mean?" I asked. "What she means is are you two dating yet?" Pepa asked, standing up. I turned around, "Um no?" I spoke, shrugging. "That's surprising." Mia said, laughing. "You two are acting weird." I spoke, backing away. "We're just joking! C'mon let's go upstairs, I'm tired," Mia spoke, gesturing for me to follow her. "And we have to assemble the pieces." Mia whispered.

Pepa cocked one eyebrow and looked us up and down, "Oh yeah, bye Pepa!" I spoke. "Bye." Pepa said, walking past us. Mia and I then walked over to the staircase and began to climb it. "How long do you think it's going to take to figure out the puzzle?" I asked Mia. She shrugged, "I don't know, a minute." Mia and I laughed.

————————————————————————

Here's a update I know you guys have been wanting. There isn't much Camilo parts, but he does make an appearance! This chapter is a little longer than the other ones, but not by too much.

You guys voting and commenting really inspire me to update this story! Some also give me a good laugh! *cough* hint *cough* Hehehe.

Stay gold.