[1] AN ORDINARY DAY

An ordinary day

Every day is the same. Wake up, eat something, get ready, go to school, survive through school, and then get home to do whatever it is that I do.

Life so far has been pretty mundane. All around me, we go about our daily lives in almost the same way, going through the motions. Always the same routine, an endless cycle of boredom. At least that's how I feel sometimes.

But I won't bore you with the details. This is supposed to be a story about an unordinary event! I'm guessing that's why you're here. Are you curious yet?

Any guesses?

Like most tales, the story begins on an ordinary day just like any other. You know? School, listening to music to cope through endless hours of lectures, piles and piles of work, and the constant tapping of my feet throughout the day as I wait for the bell of freedom while watching the painfully long tick of the clock.

At least it's Friday.

Not that that makes anything better. I'm probably going to spend it at home anyways.

As soon as the bell rings, I rise to my feet and rush out the door, the crushing weight on my shoulders lifted now that the day is over.

Finally! About time!

With a smile, I get on my bike and rush to one of my favorite places.

The comic book store.

I could spend hours at the place, tucked away in a corner that feels like an alternate world of its own.

"Hi Stan!" I greet, smiling as the older man waves, the chiming bell making me feel at home. "You got anything new?"

"Hey! Welcome back." He says, his glasses shifting as he smiles. "Yes. You can check out the box at the back."

"Thanks."

After getting a quick snack, I make my way to the back room of the store, where a chair is waiting for me.

It wasn't originally there, but after visiting the store so often, Mr. Lee placed it there so I could read.

That's right. You probably guessed it by now.

Superheroes.

My obsession ever since I can remember. No matter where I look, there is always something that is superhero related. Whether it's a shirt, a picture or some sort of accessory, it's always there. A constant reminder of a world full of marvels.

I have always wondered what it would be like to meet the Avengers or to be part of the team. To battle aliens and save the world when the enemy attacks. What are they like? Are they what we know, or are they different?

I am intrigued by the possibilities.

After reading for a while, I stand up and put everything back in its place.

"I'll see you around next week Stan!"

"Be careful!"