[38] MEMORIES

MEMORIES

The team sits in the common room, trying to come up with ideas on how to find the girl. They are currently using every available resource to find her with no results so far.

Time is of the essence, and each day that passes worries them more and more.

"What else can we do? We've tried everything in our hands and there is no sign of her."

"A person doesn't disappear without a trace out of the blue. She has to be here. Somewhere. Anywhere. We know who took her, we just have to find out where."

"I tried Heimdall but he was unable to locate her as well." Thor adds.

"What about your brother?"

"There is no sign of him anywhere."

"Then we are on our own."

"Do you think they found out about the portals?"

"Let's hope not."

Silence fills the room after that. No one speaks or makes a sound, each team member falling into their own thoughts, thinking about what to do, all trying to find a little ray of hope.

Bucky is the first one to stand up and leave, heading towards the gym. He stands in front of the punching bag, both his hands raised at eye level and ready to punch .

With each punch he lets out his frustration, remembering every moment since he arrived at the tower.

From the moment that she brought him here and took responsibility for him, to her countless attempts at trying to make him stop hating his metal arm.

As Vanessa watches Bucky fall asleep on the couch, she rushes back to her room to grab a black marker.

Then, she slowly and quietly approaches the sleeping super-soldier, drawing a smiley face on the star of his metal arm.

At first, the super-soldier didn't notice, until he walked by a mirror and noticed something different.

Squinting his eyes, he takes a closer look, frowning at the smiley face.

There is only one person who would do that.

He slowly walks up to her and asks, "what's this?"

"What's what?" She innocently asks. "It's just a smiley face."

"Why?"

"Well, now your metal arm is friendly because it has a smiley face on it." She explains won a smile, his face softening.

"Yeah alright. But don't do it again."

When that tactic doesn't work, she goes to the store and buys some paint.

Locking the door behind her, she gets to work. But a knock on the door startles her.

"Vanessa?" Steve asks. "Why is your door locked? Is everything okay?"

"Just a second." She calls out, hiding her arm behind her as she opens the door.

"What's up?" She asks win a smile, her lips pursed.

"Uh, nothing really important. I just wanted to ask for your help with something." He says.

"Okay, sure." She says, slowly opening the door.

"What are you doing?" Steve asks, noticing the paint on her arm.

"Well, you know how Bucky is very self conscious about his arm?" She asks and Steve nods. "I was thinking that maybe it would make him feel less bad if we have a metal arm too."