[12] MIDTOWN HIGH

MIDTOWN HIGH

Today is the day! I finally get to attend Midtown High! And maybe, just maybe, if I'm lucky enough I'll get to meet Peter Parker! Maybe even Spider-Man.

I've been awake since five, too excited to think about anything else.

I don't think I've been this excited about school...ever.

So that's a good start, I guess.

Since I have some time to kill, I get dressed and head down to the kitchen, deciding to make breakfast for the team. Much to my surprise, no one is awake yet.

Breakfast consists of pancakes, eggs, bacon and toast, along with some orange juice and coffee.

Tony is the first one to show up, stretching his arms as he approaches the kitchen.

"What's the occasion?" He asks.

"Nothing special." I respond with a shrug, handing him a cup of coffee, which he takes with a grateful nod. "It just happens to be my first day of school at Midtown High."

"You look very excited." Bruce says with a smile, and I nod in response.

"I am!"

Soon, the rest of the team join us for breakfast, exchanging greetings as they sit down.

I was so busy watching them enjoy their food, that I lost track of time.

"You're going to be late." Tony points out.

"What? Already?"

"I can't be late for my first day of school!" I say, running to the couch to grab my bag.

"Do you want a ride?" Steve offers.

I think about refusing his offer, but I really need to get to school on time. "If it's not too much to ask." I say.

One time won't hurt.

"It's no problem." He says with a smile, reaching for his keys. "Let me grab my jacket and we'll get going."

"Sounds good."

By now, the Avengers are like my family.

Together, we ride the elevator down to the garage, my eyes widening when Steve gets on his motorcycle.

"No way!" I say, covering my mouth with my hand as I look at him, trying to keep my mouth from dropping all the way to the floor.

"What?"

"We're going on your motorcycle?!? That is so cool! It's so pretty!"

"Fastest way to get there." He says, smiling as he puts the key in.

I hop on and realize that there is nothing to hold on to except him.

"Um, are you sure about this Cap?"

"Don't worry," he says, handing me a helmet, "just hold on tight, we'll be there in no time."

"Okay."

Hesitantly, I hold on to his jacket, making sure to have a good grip before we take off.

Much like he said, in no time we are parking in front of the school.

Before I can do anything, Steve gets down first and offers me a hand.

I blush at the action.

He's such a gentleman.