[7] WELCOME TO SHIELD

WELCOME TO S.H.I.E.L.D

     The next morning, the team gathers in the common room as the first rays of light begin to rise.

"Why is everyone up so early?" I ask.

"We have to report to headquarters." Natasha answers.

"We're more than likely going to be gone all day, do you want to come?" Tony asks.

"Is that okay?"

"I don't see why not." Natasha shrugs. "We'll just let them know that you're coming with us ahead of time."

"How about it kiddo? You're up for visiting S.H.I.E.L.D?"

"I mean, yeah. That would be pretty cool!"

"Then get ready. We leave in ten."

"Okay!"

Rushing, I run to my room.

Ugh. What should I wear? This is one of the coolest things to ever happen and I don't have anything.

In the end I opt for something simple, completing the outfit with a pair of combat boots.

To my surprise, I'm the first one ready, beating the rest of the team.

"That was fast." Natasha says, chuckling.

"Well, it's not everyday that you get to visit S.H.I.E.L.D." I say and she smiles.

"Do I look okay? I don't really know what to wear."

"You look fine. Don't worry." She reassures.

A few minutes later Steve gets there too, trying to fix his messy blonde hair with his hands.

Shaking her head with a chuckle, Natasha offers to help.

Five minutes later, everyone is ready to go.

Together, I follow the team as they board the Quinjet.

"Seatbelts please." Steve says. "We will be arriving in approximately 15 minutes."

Letting out a shaky breath, I nod, my knee bouncing up and down as we take off.

"So," Clint starts in an attempt to make small talk, "are you exited for S.H.I.E.L.D?"

"Yes? But nervous too." I confess.

"Do they know about..."

"No. We haven't told anyone. And I think it's for the best that we don't."

"Good." I breathe out in relief, feeling more calm.

The rest of the trip is quiet for the most part, music softly playing in the background until we arrive.

When we land, the first thing I see is an agent wearing a nice suit and sunglasses.

"Welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D. Or what's left of it." He says with a small smile. "I'm agent Coulson. Please follow me."