[17] REVELATIONS

REVELATIONS

After that intriguing conversation with Natasha, I head back to my room, locking the door behind me. While I lay on my bed, my mind keeps going over what their special mission was. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

I'm not a big fan of the whole wait and see thing, but oh well, there's not much I can do except patiently wait.

Ugh.

In the meantime, I need to focus on something else.

How about personalizing my room? That doesn't sound too bad.

My eyes travel from the empty spot on the wall, to the pictures that Peter gave me.

Perfect! I can put some in an album and others up on the wall. With a smile, I get the tape and the pictures and get to work.

When I'm done, I sit and admire my work of art, but another thought enters my mind when I close my eyes.

I haven't really talked to Steve ever since I mentioned Peggy. I don't want to bring back memories, so for now I'm avoiding the conversation and him all together.

Letting out a sigh, I grab a pillow and a book and head to the sofa to read. As soon as I open my book to read the first page where I left off, I am interrupted by Natasha.

"Hey," Natasha says as she walks towards the living room. "I need to ask you something. Come to my room?"

"Uh sure."

Raising a brow, I follow her, curious as to what she wants to ask me.

Once the door is locked she turns around to face me, motioning for me to sit next to her.

"So?" She asks.

"What do you mean?"

"Did something happen with you and Rogers?"

"No. Why?"

"No reason. I just noticed that you've been avoiding him and I wanted to make sure everything is okay."

"Everything is fine." I reassure. "I just might have sort of mentioned a delicate subject earlier today and I don't know what to do about it."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"What should I do Nat?"

"Well, you're going to have to talk to him at some point. So just talk to him and see how it goes. If he mentions it, good. If he doesn't, then you have nothing to worry about."

"Ugh. Why am I even over thinking this Nat?"

She shrugs in response.

"Hey, don't worry too much about it. Steve is a nice guy. I'm sure you will figure this out."

"You're right. Thanks Nat. I really appreciate it."

"No problem." She says. "Just know that if you ever need to talk, you can always come to me."

"Thanks. The same goes for you." I say. "I know I'm young, but I can still listen if that helps. You might even be surprised."