[28] REPORT

REPORT

      I watch as the platform slowly reaches the ground, picking up dust as it does so. Inside, Agent Coulson and agent May are standing by the cars, their arms crossed as they wait for us to get on board.

Taking in a deep breath, I pull my shoulders back and step onto the platform, followed by Daisy.

"How did the mission go?" Coulson asks.

"It was successful."

"Any trouble?"

"Not at all sir."

"Good." He says. "We can discuss the details inside."

"I'll get the bus ready for take off." May says.

"Thank you May."

"Why don't we head to my office?"

The plane shakes as we reach Coulson's office, a nice room decorated with various vintage artifacts.

"Please, take a seat." Coulson says, gesturing to the chair in front of his desk.

With a nod, I slowly sit in the surprisingly comfortable black chair.

"So, what can you tell me about the mission?" Coulson asks, looking directly at me.

"HYDRA is still looking to make more enhanced individuals," I begin, handing him a pen drive, "The twins were the first step and among the only survivors so far. But Hydra is using various methods to replicate their success."

"It looks like they haven't been very successful thus far, but their experimentation is still dangerous."

"Did you encounter any enhanced?"

"Yes. One. A young boy."

Coulson nods, hands interlaced as he listens.

"By the looks of it Hydra hasn't figured out how the alien tech works. But it is clear that they intend to continue exploring ...

"What about the alien tech?"

"It was recovered and it is where it belongs."

"And the boy?"

"He is safe. We made sure to take him to a place where he'll be protected from harm. I don't think he is ready for S.H.I.E.L.D, Hydra has done enough harm. He needs to be with other people like him."

"Is he with the inhumans?"

"For his safety I can't tell you. After all, we don't really know if there are any spies. I'd rather not disclose any information that might harm him."

"Very well." Coulson says, nodding. "And the crystals?"

"I sent them back with the boy."

"That's not what the protocol is."

"I am aware, and I will take full responsibility for my actions."