[31] BUCKY

BUCKY

     Rubbing my forehead, I slowly lift up my face to see the person I bumped into

"Sorry." He mutters.

"It was my fault." I say, taking a step back.

Now that there is some distance between us, I take a better look at him. He is tall, has blue eyes, and long brown hair which stops just over his shoulders.

He also reminds me of someone. When I realize who it is, my eyes widen in surprise.

"Bucky?" I blurt out, trying to keep my voice from shaking too much.

He looks shocked for a moment but he immediately changes his face.

"Do I know you?" He asks, narrowing his eyes.

"Oh, no. Not personally. I'm sorry. It's just Steve talks about you a lot." I say, wiping my tears with my sleeve.

"Steve?" He asks, surprised.

"Yeah, he is standing over there." I point in his direction and Sharon's. He follows my finger and nods.

Then he turns his attention back to me and his face softens. "Are you okay?" He asks, reaching for my arm but then stopping half way.

"I'm fine, don't worry about it." I say softly. "Um, would you like to go get some coffee?"

He hesitates before answering.

"I don't think that's such a good idea."

"Please?" I insist, slowly reaching for his metal arm, which is covered by long sleeves and a glove. When he sees what I'm going to do he moves his metal arm closer to himself.

"It's okay Bucky." I reassure.

When he doesn't say anything else, I grab his metal hand and drag him to nearest cafe.

The cafe is busy, but we manage to find a seat by the window and near the door. After ordering, we remain silent while we wait.

Bucky breaks the silence by asking "Do you know who I am?" in a low voice.

"You mean if I know you are the winter soldier?"

His eyes immediately meet mine.

"If you know who I am, why are you still with me?"

"I'm not afraid of you Bucky."

Our coffee arrives and we drink it in silence.

When Bucky finishes his coffee, he gets up. "Thanks for the coffee but I gotta go."

"Bucky wait!" I say, leaving some money on the table.

When I go outside, he is nowhere to be found and it's started to rain heavily, making it almost impossible to see.