[8] TRAINING

TRAINING

The tower is quiet, the team probably sleeping after the mission and a long day.

Now might be a good time to get better acquainted with the tower.

I've explored the usual floors, but I haven't really seen the training room before. Well, I've seen the Avengers train maybe once or twice but I haven't actually been in there myself.

Glancing around the room, I slowly make my way inside, admiring all the equipment around.

There is a punching bag hanging from a hook towards a corner of the room.

I begin to punch it slowly.

"You're going to hurt yourself if you keep punching it like that." Someone says, making me jump in surprise.

"You saw?" I ask, cringing when he slowly nods his head. "I just wanted to give it a try."

"Hey, it's alright." Steve reassures with a smile. "I can give you a few tips if you'd like."

"Really?"

"I don't see why not."

"Yes please! I've always wanted to give it a try!"

"Alright. But first you need to wrap up your hands."

After carefully wrapping my hands, he shows me how to throw a proper punch.

"Keep your fists up. Always at eye level." He instructs, and I try to follow to the best of my ability.

"Not bad. Keep it going. I'm going to get another bag."

While he gets the bag, someone else approaches.

"I see you're all warmed up." Natasha says. "Wanna go a few rounds Cap?"

"Sure. Just give me a second."

"You're in for a treat." Natasha says, smirking as she looks at Captain Rogers. "You're going down Rogers."

"We'll see about that."

Facing each other, they get into position, wasting no time making the first move.

I watch them spar for a while, amazed by Cap's strength and Natasha's speed.

"Time out." Natasha says, getting her hair out of her face. "I'm going to get some water.

As she comes back, Natasha pauses in front of me, finishing her water as she approaches.

"That looks nice. Do you think you could braid my hair too?"

"Sure." I say, a little surprised by the random request.

When I finish, Natasha runs her hands along her hair and nods in approval.

"Thank you."

"No problem."

"Come on." She says. "I'll show you a few basics."