[27] FIELD

FIELD

     We are now only a few feet away from the facility

     We are now only a few feet away from the facility. Before proceeding, we look around to make sure the perimeter is safe.

"Let's send the drones in first." Daisy suggests, opening the box Fitz gave us.

With a whirr, the small drone comes to life, flying away to scan the building.

Minutes later, it returns, showing a 3D model of the facility.

"It seems like we are clear for now." I say.

"Looks like it."

"Okay Daisy, it's time. Let's do what we planned."

With a nod, she crouches down low behind a bush while I get closer to our designated entry. Once everything is clear, I give Daisy the signal and she gently lifts me towards the window using her powers.

When I reach the window, I pause for a second and listen to see if anyone is inside.

"Remember to stay alert." I say. "I'm going to disable their cameras as soon as I'm in."

"I'll keep watch and signal if anything happens. Let me know if you need backup."

"Will do."

Taking a deep breath in, I slowly open the window, crouching down as soon as my feet touch the ground.

When no alarms are triggered, I continue.

The facility is extremely quiet, no guards in sight.

That's odd. You'd think they'd be more guarded than this.

Coulson said that the item is probably deep within the facility.

Where would they keep the weapons? Surely they can't be in plain sight. Not after the Avengers took out a good amount of their bases while looking for the scepter.

The readings from the drone only showed the surface area of the facility, but knowing Hydra, they probably have a secret door.

That's when I spot it. An elevator.

Bingo.

As I head for the elevator, I stop in my tracks when I pass by one of the rooms with the door open, a blue light emitting from it.

"The trials have been successful for the most part." A voice says. "But we will continue our tests tomorrow."

"Good. It was not easy getting our hands on the materials. You have to make each one count."

"We will sir."

"Any signs of trouble?"

"No sir. We reduced the amount of guards to avoid suspicion."