[20] THE MAXIMOFF TWINS

THE MAXIMOFF TWINS

     After tossing and turning for a while, I wake up and begin to think

     After tossing and turning for a while, I wake up and begin to think. The headache has almost faded by now, so I find myself wondering about what happened earlier once more.

What happened earlier?

My mind keeps going over and over what happened, trying to come up with a reason to explain what could have caused it.

In the end, I groan in frustration and get up, making my way towards the bathroom to wash my face.

Hmmm that's strange. I think, looking at my reflection on the mirror, placing a hand over my chest.

I have this weird feeling in my chest, but what is it?

It doesn't hurt, it's just there.

Okay take a deep breath.

Maybe I should drink some water?

Drying my face, I start heading to the kitchen.

For whatever reason, the odd tingly sensation on my chest intensifies as I leave the room.

To my surprise, I'm not the only one that is awake.

When I reach the common room, I see Wanda standing by the window, her hand playing with her bottom lip as she stares at the distance.

"You can feel it too can't you?" She asks.

Somehow I know what she is talking about.

"Yes. But I'm not sure what it is."

"Emotions."

"There is something about you." Wanda says, brows slightly drawn together as she walks closer to me, standing right in front of me.

"Oh?"

"I can't read your mind."

"What do you mean?"

"I only hear static."

"You read my mind?"

"I'm sorry. It's a bad habit." She says, looking away as she says it.

"No, it's okay. I get it. It must be like second nature to you by now."

"Can we talk?" She asks again. "Just you and me, all cards on the table."

"I know we already did, but I feel like we didn't make the best first impression." She explains, fidgeting with her ring as she says it.

"Don't worry, I didn't either." I say, giving her a small smile. "Okay. Let's talk."

"Should we go to my room?" I ask, Wanda raising a brow. "It's just hard to focus out here."

She nods.