[34] HIDDEN

HIDDEN

     In the middle of the night, I wake up feeling some pressure on my chest.

What is this?

Taking in deep breaths, I try to see if the feeling goes away but it doesn't. I need to find out where it's coming from. Closing my eyes, I try to focus.

The sound of Peter moving on the couch gets my attention.

Every time he moves he groans. I guess he's hurt pretty badly if it's taking him so long to heal.

He breaks me out of my thoughts when he suddenly gets up, rushing to the bathroom.

By now I am on my feet, running to his side.

"Peter, what's wrong?" I ask, patting his back slightly as he empties his stomach.

"I don't know, I just don't feel well at all." He says, shivering.

I reach out and touch his forehead which is surprisingly hot.

"Since when are you feeling like this?" I ask, but he shakes his head, giving me a slight shrug.

"I don't know," he stammers, "an hour?"

"Why didn't you say anything?"

"I thought it would go away."

"Can you stand up?"

He weakly nods, but when he tries to stand up, he falls down.

"Peter, look at me." I say, noticing that his eyes are closing. "Stay with me. I need you to help me so we can go to the infirmary."

"Okay." Peter says.

We stand up and are about to take a step when I feel his head fall on my shoulder.

"Pete!"

I need to act fast.

Carefully placing Peter on the floor, I run to get my phone, hoping that Steve is awake.

S.O.S. I text. If you're awake, I could really use your help. I type as quickly as I can, pacing around the room as I wait for an answer.

A few moments later, the door opens revealing Steve.

Thank goodness. That didn't take too long.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" He asks, looking around the room.

"I'm fine, but Peter isn't." I say, taking in a deep breath.

"What's wrong with him?"

"I'm not sure yet, but he is really ill. I need to get him to the infirmary but I cant carry him."

"Don't worry, I got it." He says, quickly heading to the bathroom.

"Peter, can you hear me?" He asks, slightly shaking his shoulders. When he doesn't respond, he picks him up.