[37] HYDRA

HYDRA

The room spins in circles as I open my eyes, wincing at the bright light. I reach out to touch the side of my face but my hands are restrained, tied up to what I'm guessing is a chair. Judging by the cold sensation on my wrists and ankles, it's a metal chair, so it won't be easy to break.

Closing my eyes, I try to ground myself. Now that I'm staying still, I notice the pounding in my head and the soreness spreading throughout my body.

What did they use? I wonder. I don't think it was meant for me.

"She's awake sir." A voice says, the bright light removed from my sight, leaving me to see only dark spots.

They caught me, so it's no use to try to pretend that I'm still sleeping.

"Well, well, what do we have here?" He says, pulling up his own chair.

"Are you sure this is her?"

"Positive sir."

"Well, this is no way to treat a guest." He says, stepping out of the shadows. "I'm pretty sure our guest here is not going to try anything, am I right?"

Even if I wanted to, I don't think I can in the state that I'm in. I'm sure they know that as well.

With a sinister smile, the man removes the restraints, slowly going back to his place.

I rub my sore wrists as I stare at him.

"I apologize for the way you were treated. We just didn't know what to expect when we brought you here."

"What do you mean?"

"We didn't know if you were part of the team, or if you had any abilities." He explains.

So they don't know I can open portals. That's good. At least I know that they are not after the portals. Although in the condition I'm in, I don't think I can open one to escape even if I wanted to. Besides, I wouldn't want to risk letting them see what I can do. I'm pretty sure they are watching my every move.

Just take a deep breath and remember your training.

"Are you going to tell me why I'm here?" I ask, raising a brow.

"Quick to the punch, eh." He says, chuckling. "Since you are so eager to know, I'll tell you."

"You see, your friends, the Avengers, have taken some very important people. We would like your cooperation in getting them back."

"What makes you think I'll have anything useful for you?"

He raises his brows.

"The Avengers, they are your friends, yes?"

"I wouldn't exactly call them that."

"But you spend a lot of time with them."

I shrug.

"I see. You can evade the questions as much as you like, but we have our methods."

"I've heard."

"So you'll cooperate?"

"It depends. What do you want to know?"

Right. They probably think that I'm the weak link in the team. The easiest person to get to. And well, they're not completely wrong.

"I want to know how to take them down. Make them pay for all they have done."

"If you are not close to them like you say, then you wouldn't mind sharing the Avengers' weaknesses with Hydra would you?"