[21] A STUDY OF THE MODERN WORLD

A STUDY OF THE MODERN WORLD

     The next morning, I find a confused Steve Rogers staring at his phone when I walk into the kitchen

"Morning Cap." I say with a smile.

"Morning ma'am." He responds, still looking at his phone.

He can be so formal sometimes.

"You okay?" I ask.

"Yeah, it's just I don't understand this message." He shows me the screen.

Tony: Morning Capsicle! Come by the training room later. Gtg ttyl.

"Ah, I see what you mean." I say, letting out a small chuckle.

"I still need to get used to this way of texting. People abbreviate everything now a days." He says with a sigh.

"Here," I point to the message, "this means got to go and this means talk to you later."

"Oh," Steve says, his face brightening up. "That makes sense, thanks." He adds, scratching the back of his neck.

It's almost as if nothing happened yesterday. I think to myself, grabbing some toast bread and sitting near the table.

When I look up, Steve has moved on from trying to decode the message to reading the newspaper.

I chuckle at the sight of him doing that.

"Morning Capsicle, morning fangirl." Tony says, making a grand entrance as he heads to the kitchen area.

"Good morning Tony." I say with a smile, slightly shaking my head at Tony's nickname for Cap.

"Did you get my message Capsicle?" Tony asks as he pours himself some coffee.

"Yes Tony, I did." Steve says, not looking up from the newspaper.

Tony takes a sip from his coffee and looks at Steve, waiting for some sort of reaction. When it doesn't work, he adds,

"You are so old fashioned Cap, no one reads the newspaper anymore."

This successfully gets his attention, Tony smirking in victory when Steve rolls his eyes in response.

"There's nothing wrong with reading the newspaper Tony. You should try it sometime, it's fun. You can't find everything on the Internet." I say.