>Chapter Fifteen<

"I'm home mom!" I called as I walked through the front door. It was almost ten o'clock by the time I get there, and I'd expected her to be asleep in her room. But she was sitting on the couch in the family room, watching a show on the tv.

"Hi baby," she smiled and waved, her eyes not leaving the screen.

"I'm gonna head upstairs and go to bed," I told her, putting my door on the first step.

"Alright. Did you have fun with that boy?" she asked curiously.

I hesitated for a moment, before blushing. "Yeah. I had a great time," I responded softly. "Night mom."

"Night Kar. I love you," she called as I started up the stairs.

"Love you too. Don't stay up too late," I laughed. Making my way to my room, I shut the door behind me and settled on hanging chair. I pulled out my phone and texted Luke.

Me: Hi

Luke: Hiya :-)

Me: I wanted to say thanks for today. I had a lot of fun.

Luke: You're welcome. I did too. You got home alright?

Me: Yeah. My mom was fine with me getting home a little late.

Luke: Good. I wouldn't want to make a bad impression on the first date. ;D

Me: Soooooooooo............if that was a date........what does that make us???

Luke: What do you want it to make us?

Me: Idk. What would you say?

Luke: Weeeeelllllllll.....it could make us bf/gf...if you're cool with it, that is. :-)

I blushed darkly. Really?

Me: (-:

Luke: So is :-)/(-: like our always now?

Me: O_o.............did you really just- omg. OMFG YOU REALLY JUST SAID THAT I LOVE YOU EVEN MORE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Luke: Wait.........you love me :-)

Me: ...............Idk maybe...............

Luke: Hehehehe she loves me!! ^-^

Me: I ONLY SAID MAYBE!!!

Luke: I'll win this one Kara. No matter what you try to say, you already said you love me. It's okay. ;-D

Me: ...........idk what to say to that.

Luke: Don't worry little penguin. I love you too (>^-^>)

I froze, a small smile plastering itself to my face along with another dark blush. First, that nickname was too cute. Second, did he really mean it?

Me: Really??

There was no response. I waited for about five minutes for him to text back, but he didn't. Suddenly, the silence of my room was broken by the loud ringing of my phone. I jumped, looking at the caller ID. It was Luke.

I quickly picked up, grinning like a crazy person.

"Hi," I said softly.

"Hey penguin." I laughed a bit at the name, feeling the butterflies in my stomach explode. "What? Are you laughing at me?" He tried to sound hurt, but failed.

"No. I just love that nickname. It's so cute," I leaned my head on my knees, still grinning.

"That's your contact name in my phone," he laughed.

"Aw!" I hid my face in my knees, though from who, I wasn't sure. I was the only one in here. "So why'd you call?" I asked curiously.

"Well, I wanted to say good night," he began. "And I just figured it would be more romantic to call you instead of text you."

I giggled a little before replying. "Goodnight to you too then!"

"Wait! I didn't even say i- well, I guess I did, actually," he laughed. Was that nervousness in his voice? "I hope you sleep well and that your dreams are sweet like you are. I-I love you Kara," he ended in a near whisper. That's when I really blushed.

I didn't know what to say to that. I was so stunned that he'd been the first one to actually say it. I never would have expected him to be the one to say it, but it made me the happiest girl in the world when he did.

"Kara? You still there?" he laughed quietly.

"Y-yeah..." I whispered. "I love you too Luke. Th-thank you. I hope you sleep well too." My voice sounded terribly nervous, and I was extremely surprised, and relieved, that it didn't crack under all the pressure.

"See you at school, little penguin. Night," he said gently, sounding like he had a huge grin on his face.

"See you then. Now I have to come up with an adorable name for you," I laughed.

"Yeah. Bye." He sounded reluctant to go, but also relieved that he'd called.

"Bye," I said, staying on the phone for a moment longer before clicking the "End Call" icon on the screen. After I'd hung up, I flung myself onto the bed, hugging a pillow against my chest. I laughed then, the sound muffled by the pillow. I lay there, giggling with pure elation and giddiness for about ten minutes before I got up and changed into a baggy shirt and shorts.

As I was about to go to bed, I heard my phone vibrate on the desk. Running over, I saw I had a text from Luke. I unlocked the phone and looked to see what he said. There was a picture of a little penguin with a bow on. Beneath it was a simple "Goodnight :-)". I decided not to respond, sure that if I did I'd get into a conversation with him again.

I locked my phone, turned off the light, then crawled under my sheets. I couldn't sleep now, so I just lay there, staring up at the ceiling, my mind buzzing from the day I had.

After a long time, my eyes drifted shut and I fell into a deep, dreamless sleep.

••••••••••

A/n
OH MY GOODNESS I'M 13 READS FROM 1000 THANK YOU GUYS SO MUUUUUCCCCHHHHH!!!!!!

If I get a thousand reads I think I'm going to die. Honestly, I know that compared to some stories, 1000 reads isn't really that many, but this means so much to me.

If you guys like this story, please tell me. I get all these reads but never any comments.......like, what? I really want any criticisms you all have.

Also, sorry this chapter kinda sucked. But hey. LUKE SAID THE WORDS!!! I know it might have been a little soon since they met or whatever, but I'm going to take things pretty slow, so don't worry about everything happening at once. :-)

Thanks again guys. I love every single one of you. Hope you enjoy this so far!

~CC