>Chapter Twenty<

A/N:

YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!! I can't believe this is chapter twenty already. Gosh. Thank you all so much for over 5,000 reads. I figured I'd put this here because I wanted you all to know how grateful I am.

So thanks again and I hope you enjoy this super late chapter!!

(Also, I'm going to dedicate this to my awesome friend and possibly biggest fan ever, @jkervs1234. I promised her this chapter would be up and I kept having to push back the date cause I've been so busy. So thanks for waiting so long. Go check out her stuff, especially "Of Roses and Royalty" because that story breaks my feels. Love ya girl!!)

~CC

••••••••••

"I like this one," I tugged a dress from the rack. It was pastel blue, with a long flowy skirt and thin straps. "What do you think?"

She came over and ran her finger over over the soft material. "It's gorgeous. Should I go try it on?" she asked, her eyes lighting up.

"Of course!" I grinned. At the moment we were searching for Eve's dress, then we'd look for mine. It was slightly more difficult to find one for her on account of her slight frame, but I felt more comfortable with her already.

"Alright," she nodded. We walked over to the dressing rooms and she entered one. A few minutes later she opens the door. "I like this one," came her sweet voice as she finally emerged.

The dress looked amazing on her. It hugged her small waist and flared out, looking a bit like a flower.

"Yeah, but do you love it?" I asked, noting her word choice.

"Well," she hesitated. "It's beautiful, but I'm not sure if it's really... me, you know?" She looked down, playing with the skirt.

"If you aren't sure we could always keep looking," I shrugged. "We have all day."

"I actually saw one that caught my eye, but I'm not sure. It's yellow so I might look like a lemon..." she giggled.

"You should try it on!" I grinned. "Should I go get it?"

"Would you mind?" Eve looked up.

"Not at all! Where is it?"

"Um, I think it was over by the window. It's short and yellow. You can't miss it," she smiled widely. I nodded and retrieved it for her. "Thanks," she said as I handed her the dress.

She backed into the dressing room, quickly changing into the dress. A minute later, she emerged in the new dress, a smile plastered to her face.

"What do you think?" she asked curiously.

I stood there, stumbling for words, before I thought of what to say. "It's perfect." And it was. The delicate yellow fabric hugged her waist, a sash circling her torso beneath the bodice. There was a jeweled embellishment where the sash and the single chiffon strap, adding sparkle to the otherwise fairly simple piece.

"You think so?" she laughed, spinning slowly. She looked at herself in the full-length mirror and gasped. "It's beautiful..." she whispered.

"I think you found your dress," I grinned.

"Now to find yours!" She went and changed back into her jeans, t-shirt and cardigan. Holding her dress carefully we made our way back to the dresses.

"I want something simple..." I muttered, more to myself than anything else. "Simple and flowy..."

We looked and looked, trying on several dresses, before Eve held up one I hadn't noticed before. "What about this?" she grinned.

I stared, taking it in. The fabric was white and sheer, with a slip underneath. It was airy and light, with intricate stitching on the shoulders. The neckline was modest, but I didn't care. It was perfect.