>Chapter Twenty-Three<

Come on out little ninjas. I know you're there... ^-^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wait..... You guys are best friends?" I asked, thoroughly confused.

"Yeah, what's wrong?" Luke asked just as confused.

"Oh, n-nothing..." I shook my head. Calum hadn't really been rude the two times I talked to him. I just got a weird vibe from him, I guess.

"Alright then." Luke shrugged and turned back to his friend. "We still on for Friday?" he punched Calum's arm happily.

"Of course we are. Since when have we missed a Friday night gathering?" Calum rolled his eyes.

"True. True."

"Is autumn formal this Saturday or next Saturday?" I asked in confirmation.

"This one. I can't wait to see you in a dress," Luke grinned and let his arm drop from his friend's shoulders. "You're going to be so beautiful," he pulled me to him, placing a kiss on my head.

"And I'm pretty pumped to see you all dressed up too."

"Okay lovers. Let's not be late now," Calum complained beside us, making bosh Luke and I laugh.

"Fine," Luke sighed and took my hand in his. "His loss though," he muttered in my ear, causing me to bite back a laugh. We made our way toward the science wing, where I had Chemistry.

"This is me," I said as we reached the room. "Time to be bored out of my mind."

"Have fun," Luke laughed before kissing my head and leaving for his class. I entered my own, sat at my desk, and got out a sketch pad. I opened to a new page and started sketching.

Since I was in Chemistry, I decided to draw atoms in the order of the Periodic Table. Yes, that's how boring this class was.

I'd been drawing for a while, and class had started a long time ago, when I heard my name.

"Ms. Jennings!" said the teacher, Mr. Tendim as he tapped on my paper irritatedly. "I asked you a question," he repeated as I looked up, obviously embarrassed. "But you were too busy doodling..." He glanced down at my paper and stopped.

"I'm sorry sir-" I began.

"Is this the Periodic Table?" he looked at me, impressed.

"Um, yeah. But it's atoms I each element..." I replied quietly.

"And you have this memorised?" I nodded, and he chuckled, shaking his head. "I'll let it slide this time, but don't let me catch you doing it again. Got it?"

"Yes sir," I nodded, shutting the book and putting it under my chair with the rest of my things.

"Now, as I was asking before, what is the most reactive element?" he asked as he made his way back to the front of the class.

"Fluorine," I answered instantly.

"Good! Now class..." The rest of the class dragged on, then it was off to Math (I still wasn't used to calling it Maths...), German, then lunch, Art, English, and Study Hall. Hopefully Math and German would go by fast...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Good job Kara," Malaya laughed, taking a bite of her cookie. "Mr. Tendim is, like, the hardest teacher to pis off. You must have really been ignoring him!"

"It's not my fault that class is boring as hell!" I said in defense, making everyone else laugh as well.

The table seemed extra crowded today, as had myself, Luke, Michael, Malaya, Eve, and Calum. As antisocial as I usually was, I actually didn't mind the conversation and company.