>Chapter Twenty-Seven<

A/N

I'm so sorry for not updating in a while everyone. I feel awful for the ending of chapter twenty-six, and then I don't update in like forever. Wow I really suck. I've just been really busy with summer reading and swim team and I should stop making excuses, but it's the truth.

So I hope you enjoy this chapter as much as you can with all the crap going on in the story right now, and it's probably going to just suck anyway. But I also hope you realize that this is why I never give a date for when my next chapters will come out; because I'd never make the deadlines. Ever.
~CC

••••••••••••••••••••

I lay there in bed the next morning, just staring at my blank ceiling. I tried to not think at all, especially not about last night. I was allowed to think of anything except last night. Not that I'd want to try to think as my head was pounding.

The four little cuts stung as I shifted slightly, making me inhale sharply. I might as well get up now...

I did, though with some difficulty. The sheets were tangled around my legs, trying to trap me on the bed. I freed myself and almost tumbled to the ground. Thankfully I caught myself on my desk, atop which lay my phone, with the screen lit up. A phone call was coming through and my phone was on silent.

Luke.

I let it go to voicemail as I stared at the screen numbly. I expected to at least feel sad or angry but I felt nothing. No butterflies like I usually got when he called. No fury over what had happened last night. Just a void inside my chest where my heart used to be. The heart that Luke Hemmings stole them shattered.

A text message popped up, and I saw just how many times he'd tried to reach me. Unlocking my phone, I found over one hundred messages and eighteen missed calls. All from him. I hesitantly opened the messages app and scrolled through.

Kara?

Kara!

Please answer Kar...

I need to know that you're alright.

What happened back there...

I didn't do that... Kelsey just kinda...

I don't even know

Please respond Kara.

I'm not kidding.

You're going to give me an anxiety attack!

Don't do this to me. Please Kar

The last message he'd sent was longer than the rest.

Kara, I can see that you are obviously upset and don't want to talk to me right now. And I totally understand that. But please. Just let me have a chance to explain it. Whether that's at school tomorrow or if you want to meet up at the park today... I just need to explain everything. I can't handle this silence Kara. Please. I hope you know that I love you and ONLY you. Forever.

I sighed and began typing a response.

Luke, I am more upset than I've ever been about anything in my life. I have no idea what the fúck happened last night, but I don't think I want to know. I'm done with all the shit Kelsey has caused me, and if you're just another one of her little puppets now, then I'm done with you too. I can't deal with this right now, okay? I have enough on my fúcking plate right now. I just moved halfway across the world to a country where no one seems to like me, and I have all my personal issues too. So please don't get too upset if I cut you off completely. I just can't do this right now.