>Chapter Forty-Six<

>Kara's POV<

Nervousness set in as I sat in the passenger seat of Luke's car. It was nearly five o'clock, and we were in downtown Sydney. Why we were here, he refused to tell me. Thankfully, I somewhat remembered the way to the tattoo parlor so at least I knew it wasn't that. I don't think I could deal with that again...

"Why won't you just tell me where we're going?" I asked again, trying to ignore the anxiety in my chest.

"Because if you knew it wouldn't be much of a present would it?" He sighed. "I promise it's a good thing though. You'll enjoy it," he glanced at me with a mischievous grin.

"I hope you know how much anxiety you're giving me right now," I muttered stubbornly and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Just be patient," he replied calmly, keeping his eyes on the road as we took another turn.

"See that line going around the corner?" He pointed a bit abruptly to where there was in fact a line of people wrapped around the corner of a building.

"Yeah. What about them?" I shrugged.

"We get to go ahead of them."

"What are you talking about? Why would we cut all those people? Where are we even go-" I stopped talking as we started passing people. I looked back and saw band shirts, all similar and familiar.

Twenty One Pilots.

"What's the date today?" I asked urgently.

Knowing I was putting all the pieces together, Luke laughed for a few moments before responding. "It's the seventh of June, of course."

"Isn't that when- Did you- Are we-" I couldn't get out a complete sentence as I stared at him blankly, realization hitting me right then.

"Are we going to the Twenty One Pilots concert? Because if that was your question, yes. That was the surprise," he answered calmly, pulling around the corner and heading to the parking garage. "Plus, I know a few people who work at the theater so I pulled some strings. We've got VIP parking and early admission to the general admission section right up front," he added before turning into the garage.

I gawked at him, unable to speak. Here I was, about to see possibly my favorite band, and he was just sitting beside me grinning away like he knew about this for months. He probably did, considering the fact that he probably had to get the tickets before they ran out.

"Just you wait until this car is parked," I shook my head, wanting to hug the him right this second. We stopped at the entrance, where a kind woman took his parking ticket and let him into the VIP parking area. There were only a few cars there, and I suspected it would be a lot easier to get out than if we'd had to park higher up.

Pulling into a space, he put the car in park and before he even took the keys out, I leaned over the center console to kiss him shortly. I really just wanted to get out so I could hug him, so I undid my seat belt and did just that. He laughed as he did the same, before I ran around the hood of the vehicle and buried my face in his jacket.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you...." I grinned against his chest, unable to contain my sheer joy. "Do you know how much this means to me? You- How did I get lucky enough to meet you? How did I ever end up with you? I mean, honestly..." I rambled on.

"Actually, you weren't that lucky when I met you, remember? You got tripped by one of my idiot friends," he chuckled.

"True," I laughed. Looking up at him, I couldn't wipe the smile off my face as he kissed me sweetly over and over again. "I love you so much..."