>Chapter Sixteen<

I spent all of Sunday in my room either drawing, listening to music, doing homework, or texting. I texted Michael and Luke frequently, smiling when my phone buzzed with a new message. I was getting very close with the two of them, especially Luke.

Me: So what is this dance I've been hearing about on twitter?

Luke: Oh. Autumn Formal? Its just like what you Americans have at your high schools. It's our equivalent of homecoming, I guess.

Me: Have you ever gone?

Luke: Yeah. I went last year. It was kinda dumb though.

Me: Mmmmmmmm

Luke: Why the long mmmmmm?

Me: Idk :-)

Luke: Lol (-:

Me: :---------)

Luke: Hehehe nice nose. I have something to ask.

Me: Yeah??

Luke: Do you wanna maybe go to autumn formal with me?

Me: Of course!

Luke: Cool! It isn't until February, but I figure then you'll have time to find a dress or whatever. :-D

Me: Aww! Yeah! Thanks Luke. That made me so happy.

Luke: I'm glad.

Me: (<^-^<)

Luke: (>^-^>)

Me: Hehehe

Luke: You're so adorable.

Me: Lol you are too. Now I have to do some history homework. So you need to shush.

Luke: Aw. Alright. Love you.

I felt myself blush, not used to having a boy say that to me.

Me: Love you too.

I closed my phone, setting it beside me on the desk as I tried to focus on my history assignment. It was focusing on recent event in Australia, so it was still somewhat foreign to me, seeing as I'd only been here for about a month now.

Wait, only a month? I'd moved here just after New Years, and it was now almost February. I'd come before the school year had begun, but the little bit of summer that I'd been here was very mundane and uneventful.

Yet in a month I'd only made about three friends and made many enemies. Though that wasn't all that many friends for most people, that was the amount I'd had back in America. So I was used to it.

I gave up on the history and decided to draw something. I pulled out one of my leather-bound sketchbooks and opened up to a clean two pages. Setting my pencil to the paper, I started drawing the outline of a feminine figure. I drew a beautiful woman's face, then an idea popped into my head.

Her skin morphed into tree branches and leaves, water droplets on the surfaces of petals. Lilies floated behind her, and once I was done drawing the picture, I added pinks and yellows to the flowers as well as her eyes.

I looked at the clock once it was finished and saw that it was eleven at night. Hadn't I started this at around three?! I closed the sketchbook and slipped it into my schoolbag. I wanted to show the art teacher tomorrow, as she loves seeing what I draw at home.

I turned off the light and crawled into bed, already in shorts and a tee, and was too tired to go do my nightly routine. I fell asleep quickly, my dreams all connected by the roots of a beautiful woman's hair.

~~~~~~~~~~

I walked to my locker the next morning, my sandals hitting the hard floor quietly. I weaved between groups of people as usual, keeping my head down the whole time, but as I tried to get around one boy, he moved in front of me. When I tried again, he simply blocked me again.

Finally looking up, I saw why he stopped me. It was Luke, and he was grinning down at me.

"Hi penguin," he laughed, hugging me. I hugged him back, still not used to the concept of having a boyfriend. "So I guess this means we're together officially?" he muttered into my hair.

"Yeah. I guess I does," I grinned and looked up at him, arms still around him.

"Good. Then that means I can do this," he smiled again before he kissed me softly. I giggled, kissing him back for a moment before pulling away.

"Luke, people will see you kissing me. I don't want your friends to find out. I don't think they'd like that we're dating," I said, my smile faltering slightly.

"Who cares about my friends? If I want to go out with you, I will. Screw them."

I blushed, then nodded. He turned so he was next to me , his arm slung over my shoulders as we started moving toward my locker together.

"So how was your day yesterday?" he asked curiously.

"Pretty good. After my history homework I ended up working on a drawing until eleven. I spent like eight hours on it!" I laughed, moving hair out of my face.

"I don't think I need to even ask if it's good or not. Knowing you, it amazing. What did you draw?"

"I guess I could show you," I shrugged as we arrived at my locker. He took his arm from my shoulders, leaning against the locker next to mine as I unlocked it. I pulled my things from my bag, placing the journal on top before shoving the bag in the locker and shutting it.

"Here," I said and opened to the two-page spread an held it up for him to see. We'd started walking down the hall together, and he stopped in his tracks when he saw it.

"Oh my gosh," he gaped. "Kara, this is amazing!" Luke looked from the drawing to me, then back again. "How are you so good?!"

"Aw look! Suicide Girl has a friend!" Kelsey's voice rang out in front of us. I looked up to see a girl I hadn't expected to be Kelsey. She had long chocolate brown hair, green eyes, and soft features. "Whatcha got there hon?" She snatched the journal from my hand, a smug look on her face.

"Hey!" I cried, reaching for it. But she simply moved away, looking at my drawing. "Give it back!"

"Ha! So this is what you do in your free time. Pretty good," she smirked, showing her friends. "What do you think girls? Should I give it back?"

"Kelsey, are you serious right now?" Luke yelled, grabbing her wrist and whirling her around. "Don't fuck with Kara anymore," he growled, glowering down at her as he plucked the sketchbook from her hand. His eyes seemed to darken and his jaw clenched shut. "Do you understand me?"

Kelsey looked terrified when he'd first taken ahold of her arm, but now a sly smile played on her lips. "I'm making no promises. You don't scare me Lukey," she sneered. "You'll pay for this, bitch," she glared at me as she yanked her hand from his grip. "Let's go girls," she said to her friends, then walked away haughtily.

As Luke turned to me, I just looked at the ground. I didn't even know what I was feeling, there were just so many conflicting emotions. But I kept from flinching as Luke wrapped his arms around me, whispering how sorry he was into my hair.

He'd looked just like he had in my dream...

••••••••••

A/N

OH MY GOSH!!!!! THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR 1.2K READS!!!! I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!!! I know that compared to some stories that's nothing, but to me it's everything. You guys rock.

Anyway, DRAAAAMMMMAAAA!!!!!!!! I am planning to incorporate Eve in the story again. Who remembers her from like chapter three or something like that? Not gonna say what I have planned for her, but I still need a love interest for Mikey, so if no one wants to be that girl I'll use Eve.

Cal and Ash will also be in the story more coming up here. So don't worry. I'll get everyone in. :-D

Thanks again and go follow my friend who drew the picture I used for this chapter. Her Instagram is @sariberre and she's an AMAZING artist, as you can see. You guys are the bomb.com!!

~CC