>Chapter Twenty-Five<

<Luke's POV>

I sat beside Kara on the way to school, and I couldn't stop looking at her. The only way her hair framed her gentle face, how her hazel brown eyes stood out because of the dark makeup surrounding them, everything about her was beautiful. Everything.

"Who's ready to go endure several hours of tasteless music and horrible, very inappropriate dance moves?!" Michael called from the driver's seat. We were all in the large van he had for some reason. It was big enough to fit all of us but Calum and Petra, who were going to dinner before hand anyway. I honestly felt bad for the poor girl, getting led on by him. But that's Cal for you.

"Of course," Ashton laughed from behind us. "That is definitely something I didn't miss about school."

I turned in my seat to look at the older boy. "So what do you do since you're not in school anymore?" I asked curiously.

"I work at a video shop. I used to work at KFC but they kinda fired me for always drumming on the counter," he grinned.

"You're a drummer?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Yeah. It's my passion, honestly. I've always wanted to be in a band but I don't really know anyone who can play instruments..." he shrugged.

" I play guitar," I smiled. "We should jam sometime!"

"I play guitar too!" Michael volunteered from in front of us. "Can I join?"

"Yeah man," Ashton laughed. We pulled into the parking lot, finding the closest spot we could before exiting the van. I got out on the same side as Kara, helping her step out as her heels looked like they would drag her to the ground at any moment.

"Thanks," she smiled as I closed the door behind me. "I probably would've fallen on my face..."

"No problem Kar," I smiled and kissed her head. She laughed softly before we started walking in. The music was audible from outside, the bass and beats pounding through the concrete walls.

"I can hear the tastelessness already," Malaya said, dramatically placing a hand on her forehead as she closed her eyes and tilted her head back. "It might be the death of me..."

We all burst into laughter, and I couldn't help but notice this was one of the first times I'd really heard Kara laugh so hard. It was gorgeous. Her nose scrunched up a bit and I felt the urge to kiss her then and there, but refrained from doing so as our friends were around.

"This will definitely be interesting," Eve sighed, walking close to Ashton but, unlike the rest of us who held hands, they weren't really touching at all. I could sense the attraction between the two of them and it was so sweet.

"Ready for your first Aussie dance?" I grinned down at Kara.

"Ready as I'll ever be," she smiled back. I reached in front of us, pulling open the door and holding it for everyone before entering myself. The music was much louder already and we weren't even at the dance itself yet...

"Let's go then." I threaded my fingers through hers again and together we entered the gymnasium. Passing through the doorway, there was a noticeable difference in the temperature and humidity. It was hot and sticky in here, whereas in the hall it was cool and dry.

We walked over to where they were holding jackets and purses, and the girls all handed the teacher working their clutches. After that, we were about to leave when Kara stopped me.

"Just a second," she said over the pounding music. She then undid her heels and slipped them off, placing them against the wall where countless other pairs of painful-looking footwear sat. Barefoot, she returned to where I stood, the material of her dress flowing around her as she moved. "Ready!"

We made our way over to where the rest of the group stood near the snacks. A wonderful choice of spots, if I say so myself. Kara leaned her head against my shoulder, and I smiled to myself.

"Nice spot you guys have here," I laughed over the music as we reached the others.

"My idea," Michael shouted excitedly through a mouthful of brownie.

"So are we going to dance at this dance or what?" Malaya asked, sounding excitedly impatient.

"I'm not really much of a dancer..." Kara said from beside me. I looked at her curiously, shaking my head.

"Neither am I. But who cares. At least we won't be doing that," I gestured to the crowd on the dance floor. There was more grinding than a gear factory in there!

"I guess. But just for a little while okay?"

"You got it kid," I smiled and led her to dance.

It was spectacular. She twisted and turned, her hair getting in her face, and her dress spinning outward. I let myself go, though I had a feeling I was still being criticized...

We danced for what felt like hours, both slow and fast, pressed against one another and not, when the next thing I knew she was gone.

"Kara?" I called a bit nervously. "Kara! Where are you?!" I couldn't find her anywhere, not through the this mass of bodies around me. I suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder. "Kar-" I spun around to find none other than the devil herself.

Kelsey.

"Oh silly little Lukey," she cooed, her face close to mine so she didn't have to talk so loud. At least that's the reason I used. "I'm not that stupid little American girl," she pouted dramatically.

"Go away Kelsey," I pushed her back slightly, unable to get very far away thanks to the surrounding bodies. She grabbed my wrist tightly, her long nails digging into the flesh there. I winced slightly before wrenching my arm from her grasp. "Screw off!" I yelled.

"But Lukey, I still love you," she said softly in my ear. "I want you, Luke. You don't need that little suicidal bitch when you could have me back."

I froze at her words. She placed her hands on me, pulling on my collar gently, then running her hands down my chest, my stomach, and letting them rest on my waist. I shivered at the touch.

"Take me back Lukey. I want to be like we used to. I love you so much still baby, and I want you back. I want us back..." she breathed, kissing the skin just beneath my ear. Her lips trailed over my jaw, slowly working their way to my own. Her hands rested on the back of my neck now, tugging softly on the hair there. I groaned at how stupid I had been.

This girl knew all my weakness.

"Come back baby," she muttered, her lips faintly brushing mine. I just stood there with my eyes closed, trying to keep my head straight. I had to get away from Kelsey. I had to find Kara. Something might happen to her and I need to get to her first.

"I love you Luke," she whispered before crushing her mouth to mine in a desperate attempt to gain me back. She bit down on my lower lip playfully, slipping her tongue into my mouth. She tasted sweet. Too sweet. Like when you have too much sugar and get sick because of it.

There was a strangled cry from the left of us, and I instantly knew it. I came back to life, shoving Kelsey off of me. She helped in surprise, crashing back into the person behind her, but I didn't care. All I cared about was the small girl fleeing from me. The girl who's hair faded to blue, who's white dress trailed behind her as she ran through the crowd.

All I cared about in that moment was Kara

••••••••••••••••••••

A/N

PLEASE DONT KILL ME!!! I'm sorry times one thousand. I hate myself. Honestly, I don't know what came over me. I was just like, "This story is too happy and perfect to be realistic. Time to add some Life influence and add some drama."

Anyway.... Luke's POV! Woo!! Hope I didn't kill you too hard and I hope you still enjoyed this. It sorta sucked where writing is concerned, but the events are SUPER vital to the story. SUPER DUPER VITAL. Hehehe

I love you all as usual, thank you for over 12,5000 reads. You amaze me. Seriously, I can't thank you enough. Love you (again), bai!!

~CC