>Chapter Eighteen<

I made it through the rest of the day, though barely. I just wanted to talk to Luke. That's it. We texted back and forth during class, and thankfully neither of us got caught. But it didn't feel the same as talking face-to-face.

When the final bell rang, I quickly made my way to my locker, put my things in my bag, and turned around to go to Luke's locker. I was looking down at my phone, in the middle of typing a response to a text he'd sent me, when I ran into someone. I looked up, panicking a bit, only to find Calum.

He turned around quickly as I muttered an apology and tried to walk away. "Kara, wait," he placed a careful hand on my shoulder. "I want to apologize."

I stopped and looked at him. "What do you mean? Why are you apologizing to me?"

"For the first time we talked. I was being kind of pushy. I'm sorry about that," he smiled.

"It's fine I guess," I shrugged.

"I was just trying to help. Kelsey is a real bitch sometimes."

"Yeah, I know. Thanks." I turned to leave again, but he fell in step with me. I decided not to argue and tell him to leave me alone. It wasn't worth it.

"So," he said awkwardly. "What going on between you and Luke?"

I blushed, looking down. "Um, how come?" I asked quietly.

"Well, everyone seems to be talking about it..."

"Really?!" I said, mortified. "What are people saying?" Did I even really want to know?

"Just that you're together. Why?" he looked down at me curiously.

"It's just...nothing." I shook my head. "Yeah, we're going out if that's why you asked."

"Kara," he started slowly. "Be careful with Luke. He's not as perfect as he seems. I don't want you to get hurt..." Calum sounded sincere, but his words ignited a fire inside me.

"What does it matter to you?" I said defensively. "You barely know me!" I looked up at him angrily as I stopped near a corner in the hall.

"It's just... Luke doesn't have the best reputation when it comes to being a heartbreaker," he explained.

"Well, I'll take my chances then." I whirled around and stormed off towards Luke. I spotted him standing at his locker and tried to calm down before he saw me like this.

"Hi Luke," I mumbled as I stopped beside him. He smiled and wrapped his arms around me.

"Hey Kar," he kissed my hair. Stepping back, he looked at me. "You ok?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Don't worry about it," I shrugged. It was probably in my best interest not to tell him what Calum said.

"You sure?" A small line appeared between his eyebrows as he frowned slightly.

"Yeah," I forced a smile.

"Okay..." He took my hand in his, leading me outside to the parking lot. "What do you have for homework?"

"I have chemistry, and literature. That's it though."

"I have music theory, algebra, and history," he sighed. We were approaching my car, but he still gripped my hand.

"I'm probably going to end up taking forever on mine," I said honestly. "Chemistry makes me cringe. I suck at it."

"If you need help, I rock at chem," he winked.

"Right," I rolled my eyes and laughed.

"No, seriously. I'm good at science," he said in a truthful tone. "My mom is a math teacher and she taught me everything I'd ever need to know about it, which helps in science," he shrugged.

"If I have trouble I'll text you, ok?" I said as we reached my car.

"Or better yet, you could call me. Then I'd get to listen to your beautiful voice," he replied as I turned to look at him.

"We'll see," I winked. He backed me up against the car then, placing his hands on my cheeks. I looked up at him, my breath stopped. He leaned down and placed a loving kiss upon my mouth, stroking my jaw with his fingers. I kissed right back, but he broke off before it got too crazy.

I grinned as he took a step back, then opened my car door. "I love you Luke. I'll most likely talk to you later." You climbed into the driver's seat.

"Love you too, Kara," he smiled back and shut the door for me. He waved as I backed out, looking like an idiot but not seeming to care.

I drove home with the stupidest smile on my face.

••••••••••

A/N

Oh. My. Gosh.

I say that for two reasons:

1.) YOU GUYS GOT THIS STORY OVER 2 FREAKING THOUSAND READS. I LOVE YOU MORE THAN WORDS CAN EXPRESS!!!!!!!!!

2.) This. Chapter. Was. Shit. (Excuse my language but it needed to be said.) I am such a crappy person. I don't update in five days, and when I do it sucks. I promise though, it will get better. I actually have like four chapters from later on in the story (one of them is waaaayyyy later in the story...) completely written. I have plans for generally where they'll be, but I'm not sure how many chapters I'll need to get to them.

(Just sayin' but the one that I said was really far from now is so...crazy. I wrote that today and then I came back and finished this one, and the sheer contrast between this point in the story an that one is insane. Enough said. ;-D)

Anyway, I don't deserve you guys. You're too perfect and I just appreciate you all sooooo much (so cool that I have Aussie reader[s]. I hope you guys don't think I'm weird but I do love seeing what countries you're from on the story analytical thingy. And I'm pretty sure more than one of you is from Australia. I hope this isn't too terrible as I'm from the U.S. hehe)

But yeeeeaaaahhhhh....... I don't really know where this is going anymore, so to sum it all up in three words:

YOU. GUYS. ROCK.

Love you and I'll try to update ASAP. Vote, comment, etc. thanks. Bai!!

~CC