Chapter 3: Jealous

It was now Saturday. My mom had just finished cooking breakfast and was heading off to work. She a nurse so she's gone most of the time. Sometimes overnight. I wonder how she even found the time to date David. I wish she didn't though. Things would be a lot easier around here if she stayed single.

I decided to call my friend Nina over for a while just because I didn't wanna be alone with Harry. The doorbell rang. That must be Nina

" I'll get it!" I shouted to Harry as I ran downstairs, even though I know he probably couldn't care less about who's at the door. When I finally get to the door and open it, I found my over-excited BFF, holding what looks like magazines in one hand and a tub of cookie dough ice cream in the other with a huge smile on her face.

"Hey banana, I missed you so much!" She squealed.

Banana is the nickname she gave me. You know because it rhymes with my name. It's kind of cute. I pull her in for a hug. "It's only been like a few days Nina,"

I said. She shrugged."Yeah but, it's a long time for me." We both walked over to the couch.

"So.....is he cute?" She asked. "Who?" I asked.

She looked at me with a look of annoyance. "Umm your stepbrother who else." She said as if her question was obvious. Why would she even ask that? I can't think that way about him he's my stepbrother. I don't want to think of him that way... at least I shouldn't.

"Why are you asking me? How would I know? I don't think of him like that!" I said.

She was taken aback by my little outburst. Maybe I did overreact just a little. "Uh hello, so you can have me as your new sister-in-law." She said as if it was so obvious.

"Uh thinking like that would require my mind to go into places that are forbidden about step brothers. Places that my mind is perfectly fine not visualizing." I gagged.

Why is she even talking like this? I knew she was only kidding but a small part of my brain was telling me otherwise. She doesn't even know him. He's not even her type. She's not even his type... I'm guessing.

"Wow, Nina thirsty much." I scoffed.

"What? I'm just curious." She exclaimed. I rolled my eyes.

"So where is he? I wanna meet him." She asked as she perked up on the couch with excitement. Kind of like a puppy waiting for a treat.

"Oh uh, are you sure? He's kind of a jerk." I warned.

"So, that doesn't mean I can't meet him." She said.

"Well I kind of want to give him his space. I don't want to bother him and stay out of his way." I explained. "Well at least tell me his name." She begged.

I heard a deep raspy voice from behind me respond "Harry, Harry Styles."

I turned around to see Harry standing behind the couch. Nina jumped up quickly and extended her hand out for Harry to shake. "My name is Nina Davis." She said while batting her eyes.

Can she be any more desperate?

"Well, are you ladies talking about me?" Harry asked. I can hear the amusement in his voice.

Please leave.

Nina batted her eyelashes. "Well, that depends." She teased. She twirled her hair and looked at Harry with a flirty expression laced on her face.

"On what?" He asked. Harry smiled showing off his dimple. My heart fluttered a little at the sight. It was cute I guess. That's the first smile I've seen him crack a genuine smile since he's been here.

Nina smiled. "On whether you find me attractive or not." She twirled her hair and looked Harry's body up and down. I think I'm going to be sick.

Harry grinned "Well, I must be the topic of the conversation because you are stunning. Nina blushed. She giggled and covered her face.  Wow, that was so corny. Is Nina serious right now? She's hitting on my stepbrother and she just met him like two minutes ago.

Okay shows over. I've had enough of this nonsense.

I clapped my hands together and stood up from the couch. "Ummm okay, Nina I think you should go home now. I'm feeling a little sick to my tummy." I said.

She looked at me desperately. "Are you sure? You can't just lie down a little bit? I'm sure Harry could keep me company until you feel better." She suggested.

"Absolutely not. I think it's just better if you leave. Bye I'll see you Monday at school." I pulled her by her arm to the door and pushed her out before she could protest ant further. She waved goodbye to me and Harry before I abruptly closed the door in her face. She pouted through the windows and turned around to leave.

Harry looked at me and smiled. Not a genuine friendly smile but a smirk. He just stood there grinning like an idiot. I wanted to punch that smirk right off his face.

"What's so funny?" I scoffed.

"I just love how jealous you get." He said.

What did he just say? Jealous? Who me? Of who?

"Umm jealous of what?" I asked. He smirked.

"When I flirt with other girls." He responded.

As if!!!

"I could care less about who you flirt with." I said.

He grinned "Hmm, not by the way you pushed your friend out of here faster than I could say jealous." He chuckled. I rolled my eyes. A small part of me knew that Harry was right. I crossed my arms. "That doesn't prove anything." I argued.

He walked up so close to me. I felt his breath fan against my lips. His height toward over me. He bent down to my level and whispered in my ear.

"Baby girl it's alright to be jealous. But at least I know that if I wanted you I could have you."

My breathing hitched and I knew that Harry could tell that I was affected by him. He smirked and chuckled at my reaction. I pushed past Harry and ran up the stairs leaving him and his sick twisted mind in the living room. How dare he say that to me? This is absurd and ridiculous. What a pervert.

That's not even the worst part the worst part is.....

He's right.