Chapter 62: Obedient

Anna P.O.V

The bell rang, signaling that it was time for us to head home. My classmates started packing their things and rushed out the door. I never felt the need to be in a hurry to leave. I usually walked home and my house wasn't that far from the school anyway. 

I placed my notebook and textbook into my backpack delicately, careful not to bend the corners of my books. I've always handled my books with care. Even if the person whose hands had it before me didn't.

I was the last one to leave. I waved goodbye to my history teacher. Mr. Samuelson gave me a small smile and continued to organize the homework that we all had turned in earlier.

It must be awfully time-consuming to be a teacher. Grading papers and coming up with tests and assignments. Teachers like Mr. Samuelson sometimes don't get the recognition they deserve. The least I could do is wave goodbye.

I walked down the hall past the lockers and straight towards the door. I didn't want to keep Harry waiting too long. I know that he wouldn't leave without me. He's too afraid that I'll catch a ride with Zayn. I know how bad his temper can be sometimes so I better not keep him waiting.

"Bambi, wait up!"

Uh oh. I must have spoken him into existence or something because as if it was on cue Zayn was jogging down the hallway to catch up with me. I turned around and gave him a small smile. 

"Oh, Hi Zayn."

"You were walking so fast. I thought that was you." He said as he was catching his breath. 

"Oh, yeah, I'm just leaving," I said.

The halls were empty now. Most of the student population was probably halfway to their destination by now.

"You walking today? I don't mind giving you a lift, yeah?"

"No, that's fine, Harry's actually driving me home today," I said.

His face fell. "Oh, yeah that's no problem. I know you're supposed to stay away from me and all because I'm the bad guy."

"Zayn, it's not like that I just don't want to get Harry started up that's all."

My phone dinged. I reached into my back pocket to see who it was even though I already knew the answer.

Harry- Where tf are you?!!!! 😑

I rolled my eyes and tucked my phone back into my pocket.

"Speaking of the devil." I groaned.

"Yeah, no I understand. See you around, yeah?"

I nodded. "Yeah, I'll text you later."

Zayn nodded and waved awkwardly before heading in the opposite direction. I felt bad that I was blowing him off but Harry has been acting so good today and I didn't want to mess things up.

It doesn't take much to piss Harry off.

I opened the heavy school door and walked down the steps. I made my way to the parking lot towards Harry's car. He was leaning against the hood looking, down at his phone. He looked up once he saw me approaching.

"Where the hell were you? School let out ten minutes ago." He complained.

"I was discussing homework with my teacher. Chill Harry."

"Oh, I thought you were trying to catch a ride with Zayn after I specially told you not to. You actually listened to me for once."

I rolled my eyes. "Can we just go home already?"