Chapter 49: Confession

School went by a little too fast for my liking today. Well, considering the fact that I was dreading going to lunch and talking to Nina. I don't know why I'm so worked up about this though. She's my best friend, not a stranger. We always talk to each other. Besides it's not like I'm going to tell her the "Harry secret."

My English teacher finally dismissed us to lunch. I really wasn't looking forward to having this talk. I have to do it though. I feel like I owe my friend an explanation. Or at least somewhat of an explanation.

I walked outside of the school and sat on the bench under the oak tree next to the soccer field. I took out my phone and texted Nina to tell her where I was located.

A- hey I'm outside under the oak tree.

N- ok I'm coming.

A-ok

A few minutes later I saw Nina coming out of the school. She squinted her eyes and scanned the area to see where I was. I stood up a waved her over. She spotted me and started to make her way toward the table.

"Hey." She greeted me as she plopped down in front of me on the bench. "Why did you have to sit all the way out here? Couldn't we just chat in the lunchroom like everybody else?" She questioned.

I shook my head no. "It's more private out here. I can't risk anyone overhearing our conversation." 

She frowned. "Overhear our conversation? Come on. It can't be that serious."

I looked down. Her expression softened. "Anna? Is everything okay?"

"You'll understand when I tell you right? You won't overreact?" I said.

"Anna, come on your scaring me. Talk, I'm listening." She urged.

I huffed. "I guess I'll start from the beginning. Do you remember when we went to that party?" I asked. She nodded her head. "Yeah, I remember when you and Harry disappeared for no reason." She said

"That night at the party something... Something bad happened, Well almost happen. It didn't, thanks to Harry." She nodded for me to continue.

"I umm got a drink. I got a drink from Louis. He had put something in it." Judging by the look on her face I can tell that she knew where this story was headed.

"I drank it, not knowing what he did to it. It made me feel funny and all of a sudden the room started to spin. So I called you and Harry but you guys weren't there. You guys couldn't hear me."

I could feel my eyes start to water and a lump start to form in my throat. I could hear my voice getting shaky. I could tell that Nina noticed my nervous state because she gave me a look of sympathy and concern.

"He took me upstairs and he... He..."

"Anna you don't have to continue," Nina assured.

"He tried to have sex with me...but Harry burst in and caught him before anything could happen," I said.

I felt my hot tears roll down my face. Nina reached into her bag and handed me a napkin. I took it a dabbed it under my eye, trying not to mess up my poor attempt at makeup any more than it already is.

"Harry was there for me when I needed him the most."

Just like I was for him.

"And I wasn't," Nina mumbled. "Because I was too busy being a bad friend." She said as she looked down. "I should have been there for you. I'm such a bad person putting myself before you. It's my fault. Now I don't blame you for not wanting to talk to me. I'm such a terrible friend." Nina confessed.

"Nina it's not your fault. It's no one's fault but my own I'm the one to blame. I'm responsible for my own self. Not you nor Harry or anybody else. I was the stupid one. I fell for something that I should have seen coming."

"Yeah but if I was there all of this wouldn't have happened. It was your first party. You didn't know that fuck boys like Louis we're going to do that, at least to you. You thought that he was Harry's friend. You trusted him." She argued.

"Yeah well, the one thing I did learn from that experience was that everyone is not your friend and people hide behind nice faces."

The bell for our next class started to ring. We stood up and started to gather our things. "Well, I'll talk with you after school. I'm coming over. I need to have a talk with Harry. Where has he been anyway?" She questioned.

"Umm, you're coming over to my house? I don't think that's a good idea. I think I should come over to yours or go to the coffee shop or something." I said

"Umm okay. But I don't think you should come over to my house. My parents are still a little wacky about the whole broken foot situation." Nina explained. I nodded in agreement, recalling that terrible incident.

"Yeah, you're right. I'll text you later." We pulled each other in for a hug.

"Remember that I'm here for you and that I'm always here to listen not judge. Don't keep things like this away from me anymore. okay?" Nina demanded. I nodded. We pulled away and continue on to finish the rest of our school day.

A/N

Yes, I'm back at it again.

Second update this week! The next one is Thursday like I said it would be......... Hopefully.

Do you guys like Nina??

I love you guys so much plz keep voting, commenting, and reading. We're not done yet but we're getting there.

If you guys have the DIRECTIONER APP PLZ FOLLOW ME! My user is @ niazkilamsslave. I will follow back. Also, it's just another way to talk and get in contact with me...... If you want to.

It's really cool you get to talk to different directioners all over the world about the boys

It's really cool you get to talk to different directioners all over the world about the boys. It's like a social media but only for directioners. If you haven't go download it. I swear you will love it. It's addictive.

Xoxo- Anna