Chapter 64: Meeting

When my shower was over I quickly got dressed. Zayn said that he wanted to meet up and talk. I wondered what for. By now the sun had set and the black sky had taken over. He never specified what time he wanted to meet me. Where are we going to meet anyway?

I definitely didn't want to meet at his house. We all know how that went the last time. I looked at my phone to check the time. It was now 7:30 pm. I don't know if I should text him first or if I should wait for him. How am I going to leave if Harry is still awake? If he finds out he'll kill me or Zayn. Either option is bad.

I paced around my room not knowing what to do. I decided to stop being a chicken and text Zayn. I need to be prepared for my meeting with him. Why leave myself in the dark for this long, I'm only torturing myself.

Bambi- where are we supposed to meet? What time? I have to sneak out.

I sat on my bed and waited for his response. I bounced my leg in anticipation. My phone let off a bing. It was a message from Zayn.

ZAYN- I'll pick you up. Climb out of your window and meet me down the street.

Is he stupid? How am I supposed to climb down my tree with a boot on my foot? This isn't going to work.

Bambi - hello? What about my foot? 

ZAYN - Shit sorry, I forgot. Just meet me. Walk outside the front door. Just say you're taking a walk or something.

I huffed. This is proving to be more complicated than it needs to be. I slipped my phone into my pocket and quietly grabbed my house key. I fluffed a blanket and some pillows underneath my duvet, just in case someone decided to check-in. I left my room light on so that no one would suspect that I was gone.

I quietly cracked open my room door to peak across the hall. Harry's room door was closed but his light was still on. I assume he's doing some homework to catch up with all the days he's missed.

I'm so proud of him. I feel bad for sneaking out to see Zayn after he told me not to but, it seemed important. What he doesn't know won't hurt him. I'll be back in a flash.

I gently closed my room door and I quietly tipped-toed to the stairs. I made sure that I didn't let a sound come out. The lights were off downstairs and so was the t.v. Mom and David must be asleep. I thanked my lucky star. I proceeded to step down each stair one by one.

Once I reached the bottom of the stairs I looked around to make sure no one was watching me. My anxiety was over the roof right now. The coast was clear. I better hurry up before that changes. I closed my eyes as I quietly pried the front door open. It made a small creek. I held my breath as I opened it just wide enough for me to slip through it.

I successfully made it outside. I slowly crept the door closed. I quickly made my way down the street as Zayn instructed. When I turned the street corner I saw his car parked, sitting along the sidewalk. I walked over to the passenger side to peer through the window. Zayn was laying with the seat pushed back. His eyes were closed as if he was sleeping. I slightly tapped on the window. 

He opened his eyes wide and looked around. He calmed down when he saw that it was only me. He sat up and unlocked the car door for me. I quickly got in and told him to hurry up and drive. I didn't want anyone to notice anything. He quickly started the car and drove away.

"Well good evening to you too Bambi." He laughed.

I shook my head. "I'm sorry, I just didn't want to be seen by anyone. I am sneaking out remember?"

He nodded. "I understand Bambi. It shouldn't have to be like that though." 

I sighed "Zayn, you know it's complicated. The whole Harry situation."

He shrugged. "I don't see what's so complicated about it. Harry is your stepbrother not your father or your overprotective boyfriend. You should be able to talk to whoever you want."

"Zayn, I'm just trying to protect you. You know how Harry can be sometimes." I reasoned.

"Protect me from what? Harry? I'm not afraid of him. I'm not the one who's morally wrong here, yeah?"

"Morally wrong? You want to talk about being morally wrong. You're the one who's going behind your best friend's back to talk to his little sister who he in fact told you to stop talking to." I defended.

"And look who's here. Looks like no one's right in this situation."  He fired.

I crossed my arms and looked out the window. "Is this why you asked me to meet you because if it is then you can just take me back home," I stated.

He sighed, "No but there is something that I want to warn you about."

"Where are we supposed to be going anyway?" I asked.

"To my house." He said. I looked at him wide-eyed. 

"What? No we can't. I don't know if you remember what happened the last time I was there but I definitely don't want to complicate things even further." I protested.

"Relax Bambi, that's the most discreet place I could think of. Besides who has to know. It's private and no one will suspect us." He assured.

I relaxed into my seat. I guess we could go there. Just know that I will be sitting as far as I can away from Zayn. I already know how he feels about me and I don't want any more complications.

We arrived at Zayn's house. He pulled up to the driveway and turned off the car. I stepped out and shut the door after me. Zayn did the same. We reached the front porch and Zayn quickly unlocked the door.

The familiar smell of his house started to come back to me. I started to have faint memories from the last time that I was here. We kissed. I replayed over and over in my head as I looked at the couch. I quickly shook those memories out of my head as I sat down on the couch.

"Make yourself comfortable," Zayn said as he removed his jacket and hung it on the coat rack. He kicked off his boots and walked into the kitchen. I looked around at the familiar setting and removed my jacket.

"Tea?" Zayn said as he appeared behind the couch holding a small cup with a tea string hanging out in front of me.

I looked up at him suspiciously.

"Oh come on Bambi. I'm not Louis." I remarked.

I gently grabbed the tiny warm mug. Our hands brushed against each other softly. I shivered. Must be the temperature of the house. He walked around the couch and sat on the couch across from me. He smiled at me. The color of his eyes matched the honey brown liquid in the cup I was holding. Zayn is a handsome guy but I'd never betray Harry like that. Even if we weren't exclusive or anything like that.

"So, what did you bring me here to tell me?" I asked. I took a small sip from the cup and gently placed it on the table.

"Have you spoken to your friend lately?" He asked.

"Who, Nina? We're not friends anymore. She cut me off." I scoffed.

He sighed. "That explains it." He said.

"Explains what?" I asked. I looked at him confused. He looked deep in thought and worry.

"Zayn..." I said slowly. "Tell me what's going on."

"I saw her, with Louis yesterday."  He said.

I stared at him wide-eyed.

"You what?"

A/N
Heyyyyy........ 🥺👉👈 Don't be mad at me plz.
Working on the next chapter as we speak.

I'm on my quarantine grind. Speaking of that I hope everyone is okay. Please stay safe during all of this. Social distance yourself and wash your hands. Don't forget your masks outside if you do have to go out.
Love you guys even if you're mad at me right now. I'm trying to do better 🥺🥺🥺

See you sooner than you think
-Xoxo Anna