Chapter 5: Punishments

"Why on earth would you try and skip school, Anna?" My mom said with a look of  confusion and disappointment. She seemed really upset about this. Honestly, I don't blame her.

"Mom, I'm sorry I don't know what came over me."

I held my head down and sat on the couch listening to my mother rant and lecture me about my childish behavior. That stunt that I pulled with Harry and Nina was not okay and stupid of me to go along with. I don't know why I went along with it.

I gotta admit it was kinda fun though.

I remember the feeling of rush of rebellion. I watched the trees go by as the wind flew through my hair. Harry was probably going way above the speed limit. The volume was all the way up. My heart pounded with excitement. It was a thrill and I've never experienced anything like it. Let's face it, I'm boring.. Harry was right. Too much of a good girl to do something like that. Honestly, with Harry I feel like I amount to do anything. Is it weird for one person to have such an effect on me in such a short span of time?

"Young lady, you are grounded until further notice." My mom stated.

"What?" I gasped.

I was in shock. I've never been grounded before. How could she do this to me? Is this real? I looked at her with disbelief. I only skipped school. This was my first time doing something bad and it wasn't even that bad. It's not like I was hurt or anything.

"You heard me." She said.

"Why isn't Harry getting punished?" I asked.

"It isn't my place to punish Harry. I'll let David decide on his punishment but, for you missy, to your room. Now." She ordered.

I can't believe this. I want to ...... Punch Harry right now. This isn't fair. David could care less about what harry does so, I know he wont get into trouble. It was his stupid idea anyway. Why am I the only one taking the fall for this one? I stood from the couch and stormed up to my room, making sure to slam the door behind me.

I flopped on my bed feeling the soft comforter under my skin. I decided not to think about this too much. My mother seemed final with her decision so I'm just going to go bed. Maybe she'll cool off tomorrow. Soon, my eyes got heavy and I started started to doze off. My head was spinning and sure enough, I was out like a light.

(Harry's POV )

I felt bad about Anna going down for this, even though it was my idea in the first place. I'm going to talk to Carine about getting Anna off her punishment.

I walked downstairs to find Carine chopping onions aggressively. Wow, she must be really disappointed with Anna. I wonder how David's gonna scold me when he gets home? Not that I care, I don't listen to him anyway. I walked up to approach Carine. She seemed much more intimidating with that knife in her hand.

"Umm Carine?" I said, interrupting her chopping.

She stopped chopping and turned around to look at me. She seemed surprised to see me talking to her. Since I haven't really spoken to her much since I've been here. I spoke up.

"Umm, look Carine, I don't think that Anna should be grounded ." I stated while looking down at the tiled floor.

She turned around and continued chopping. "And why is that?" She asked.

I twiddled with my fingers. "Because, I did it. It's all my fault," I said.

She sighed and put the knife down. She turned around, giving me her full attention. "Harry, you don't have to feel sorry for Anna. She knows better." She stated.

"I know but, I'm the one who talked her into doing it. I teased her and called her names so I should take the blame." I admitted.

Carine shook her head and smiled."It's sweet of you to take the blame Harry but, Anna has a mind of her own, she knows what's wrong and what's right. Don't you think?" She said.

I sighed. "Yeah, I understand."

"Good." She smiled at me and turned around to continued chopping.

"Well, can I be grounded as well?" I asked.

She turned around and looked at me confused. She seemed surprised by my suggestion. She placed the knife down on the counter and crossed her arms. "You're asking to be grounded?" she asked confused.

"Yeah, I want to take some of the blame too." I said.

She looked at me unsure. "It isn't really my place to ground you, Harry. I think that it's best for your father to choose your punishment." She explained.

"Please Carine, I'm asking you to." I begged.

"Ummm, okay... Harry, you're grounded?" She said, still unsure about what was happening.

"Thank you so much, Carine!" I said.

I pulled her in for a tight hug. She was taken aback by my gesture but wrapped her arms around me anyway. By the look on her face, I could tell this was very confusing and awkward for her. I bet she thinks I'm weird for asking to be grounded but, I don't care. I ran up the stairs to my bedroom. Wait till Anna hears about this.