Chapter 15: Mother Nature

We arrived at an open field. It looked as if we were at a park of some sort. It was beautiful. The leaves on the trees were golden brown. Leaves covered the ground due to the fall weather. The rain had stopped and the sky became a beautiful orange color followed by the sunset.

I looked over at Harry. "This is beautiful." 

He grinned. "You haven't even seen the best part."

We stepped out the car. Harry grabbed my hand and pulled me along with him up a steep hill. I almost slipped a few times due to the crunchy fall leaves sliding under my feet. Harry caught me from falling occasionally.

When we finally reach the top of the hill. I couldn't believe my eyes.

It was beautiful.

I looked out to see hundreds of trees. All of the fall colors made my heart flutter with amazement. The sun in front of us was just about to set. The birds flew gracefully in the orange sky.

"Harry this is amazing! H-How did you find all of this?" I gushed. 

He smiled. "My mom used to bring me here when I was younger."

I was at a loss of words. I've never thought that I would ever see a place as beautiful as this was. How have I not come across this place before? 

Harry took off his jacket and placed it on the ground for us to lay on. We laid down on the grass and the crunchy leaves on top of Harry's jacket. The sun had finally set and we were looking up at the stars. I laid close to Harry with his arm under my head.

"Harry?"

He hummed. 

"What do you miss the most about your mother?" I asked.

He closed his eyes as his eyebrows furrowed in concentration. I could tell he was in real deep thought about this.

"Well, I don't really know. I loved everything about her. I loved her hugs." He admitted.

I looked up at him. "Why?"

He sighed. "Well, because when she hugged me she hugged me like... like she'd never let me go. I'd always feel safe when I was in her arms. Like I'd be protected from any harm and that she'd always be there."

I noticed how his face softened when he talked about his mother. He looked so fragile like he could break any minute. I've never seen him like this before. I thought it was... sweet and loving the way he talked about her.

Then I started to think back to how I stormed out on my mother. I didn't mean to hurt her feelings but, I was tired of her treating me like a baby. I know she's just trying to protect me. I shouldn't have yelled at her like that and ran off.

Harry's voice interrupted my thoughts. "What are you thinking about?" 

I looked up to see him looking down at me curiously.

"Oh umm, about my mother," I said.

"You were really harsh on her and she was only trying to help. I know it's not the best way but she's trying. You know?"

I sighed. "Yeah, I know."

"You only get one mum in this world Anna so, love her while you still have the chance."

I thought real hard about what Harry had said and he was right. I do owe my mother an apology.

We stayed in the grass for about an hour talking about random stuff. I gotta say I like this Harry much better than the first time I meet him. He was so down-to-earth and nerdy when he talked about the things he enjoyed.

Harry let out a big yawn. "Well, we should get going. It's getting pretty late." He suggested.

I pouted. "I don't wanna leave."

He chucked. "Come on, I'll bring you back another day." He pulled me up and grabbed his jacket shaking off the leaves.

The ride home was long and silent. It wasn't awkward though. It was more of a peaceful silence. When we finally pulled up to the place I dreaded to go. I groaned to myself.

Well, looks like I have a lot of explaining and apologizing to do.