Chapter 47: Old Friend's

It felt weird without Harry around at school. Not that we hung very much but, it just feels weird knowing he's not around.

I haven't seen Zayn since the day that we went to go find Harry. I knew he was upset with me. He was upset with me for having feelings for Harry. I couldn't help it. It just sort of happened. I don't think I'll ever be able to explain why. I don't even know how it happened.

I've been avoiding all my friends. I've not spoken to Nina since I jumped out of her two-story house and broke my foot. I'm really not looking forward to talking to her. I'm avoiding Niall because I stood him and Kayla up when they asked me to hang out at the mall the other day. I didn't do it intentionally...

I've especially been avoiding Louis. I don't think I'll ever want to run into him. He's the last person that I'd want to see. The thought of me being at school with Louis lingering around without Harry to protect me is frightening. It makes me shudder thinking about my last encounter with him.

I guess I'm safe now. We're at school, a public place. He can't assault me in public. I'd never thought I'd say this but, thank goodness for the strict rules and security we have here at this school.

My grades have dropped drastically. I can't focus on school anymore. It just isn't my main priority anymore. I have problems bigger than high school. My mother's worn out and tried, My stepfather is worried and stressed, my stepbrother's best friend has feelings for me and my stepbrother went mad and has become suicidal.

Like I said. I have problems bigger than high school. I have to get my home life and family right before I can focus on school.

I dreaded coming here every day. What if I run into someone that I don't want to see? What do I do? Explain myself? Explain how messed up my life has been in one week?

Lie to them and say everything's okay?

I'm tired of running from everyone and lying to the people that matter to me.

I looked up at the front doors of my school, the place I dreaded most. I mentally prepared myself for what was to come. I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding in.

"Well, here goes nothing."

I placed my hands flat against the cold, hard, iron door as I pushed it open. For some reason, the doors felt much heavier than I remembered. Like my heart in this exact moment.

It seemed as if everything moved in slow motion. Everyone is off doing their own thing. Normal things like getting ready for class and such. No one seemed to notice me. Thank goodness. I quickly rushed to my locker. The faster I get my stuff, the less likely I'll run into one of my friends.

I fumbled with my lock as if my life depended on it. For some reason, I've seemed to keep forgetting the combination. My hands were shaking and sweating. What is wrong with me today? 

Come on Anna focus. 

Just as I've finally gotten the lock to open I heard footsteps approach me. I looked down to see a pair of white converse standing beside me. "Hey, Anna, where have you been? I've been trying to get in touch with you." A familiar Irish accent said.

I looked up into those questioning blue eyes. "Oh hi, Niall, sorry for blowing you off last week I've umm... been really busy with some family issues," I said.

"Oh no it's cool, I understand. Is everything alright?" He asked.

"Yeah, it's okay. Nothing too big. I'm a big girl. I can handle it." I reassured him. The last thing I wanted was to drag other people into my family's messed-up problems.

He nodded. "Well if you need anything you know how to reach me. Maybe we can hang out whenever you're free? You can just hit me up and I'll bring Kayla. She's been asking about you." He said.

"Yeah, that sounds great. I'll definitely take you up on that offer. Tell Kayla I said hi."

He nodded. "Will do."

It grew silent between us. Neither of us knows what to say. To say that this moment was a little awkward would be an understatement. I was so relieved when the bell rang. I just wanted to hurry up and get to class. Just so I can avoid any awkward encounters like this one.

"Well, I better get to class," I said. "Wouldn't wanna miss out on a full day of knowledge," I said.

"Yup, cause I'm so excited for that," Niall said sarcastically. We both did an awkward laugh.

"I should go," I said.

"Yeah same here. Nice catching up. I'm glad you're okay. Hope you're foot heals." He said. I looked down at my cast. I almost forgot about that.

"Oh um yeah. Thanks." I said awkwardly.

"When we meet up you should tell me how you got it," Niall said.

"Yeah definitely," I said. I waved at Niall as I walked away. "See ya." 

He returned the gesture. "Later," he said. He turned around and walked away. 

I drew out a breath. "Glad that's over. "

"Anna Baker!" I heard none other than my best friend Nina yell from behind. "You have some explaining to do Missy."

I closed my eyes and signed.

Oh crap.

A/N

Heyyy.

Niall's back and so is Nina.

I hope you didn't forget about them.

Update Tuesday!

Luv u guys
Xoxo

Luv u guys Xoxo