Chapter 12: Stay Away

I woke up and noticed that I was inside my own bed.

What happened last night?

When I sat up my head started pounding. I looked down and noticed that I only had on my bra and Harry's jacket. Then a flashback of the events that happened last night came back. I felt my eyes began to water and my cheeks start to burn. I felt so dirty and disgusting.

I jumped up as quickly as I could and ran to my shower. I got inside of the warm water and scrubbed as hard as I could, to remove the feeling of Louis's hands and lips all over me. My body turned red with friction from the luffa scratching away at my skin. I cringed at the image of Louis and what happened. I sobbed quietly and slid down the wall of the shower and placed my head in my hands. How could I have been so stupid?

Then I heard a knock at the door. "Anna are you in there we need to talk." It was David.

"Please leave me alone. I want to be alone". I stated.

It was silent. Good. he left. I really do wish to be alone.

I finished my long shower and changed into some sweat pants and a t-shirt. I longed for Harry. I just wanted him to hold me and tell me everything would be alright. An unrealistic thought but I still wanted it to happen. The last time I saw him was when he burst in on Louis and I blacked out.

I went downstairs to see Harry in the kitchen scrolling on his phone.

"Hey" I mumbled.

He continued looking at his phone like I had not said a word.

I tried again. "I said hey."

He got up from the table and walked away. I don't understand. Why is he being like this to me? Is he upset with me? I ran up to him and pulled his arm. "Harry please talk to me." I begged. He turned around.

"Dammit, Anna!.... please just... leave me alone." I was shocked at his outburst.

"Please, tell me what's wrong." I begged.

He balled up his fists and sighed. "Look, just please just stay away from me."

My vision blurred. "What happened at the party?"

He tensed at my question. I walked up to his face.

"Please tell me what's going on. Why did Louis do that to me? Tell me that everything's okay. I don't understand anything anymore." He pushed me aside.

"Harry please talk to me." He banged his hands on the counter. "He almost rapped you!" I froze.

"Because of me, Louis drugged your drink and almost raped you."

"Harry I-I..."

He put his hands up. "Just stay away from me." He said.

Tears began to run down my face. "Harry it's not your fault. I should have been more careful. I'm the stupid one. You saved me." He doesn't think that this was his fault does he?

"What if I didn't get to you on time, huh? Then what would have happened?" He yelled.

"Harry please I....."

He grabbed my shoulders "Anna look, I can't tell you that everything's okay, nothing in this world is okay. Everything is messed up in its own way. You don't understand because you're naive and young. People are cruel and selfish! You don't belong in a world like that and that's the world I live in. So do me a favor and stay away from me. I'm no good for you." He turned towards the stairs.

"Harry I love you," I whispered. He froze.

He sighed. "Don't say that."

"No, I...Please just...... I want to be around you." I admitted.

He turned around. "You don't just say I love you to anyone. You don't love me. You don't know what love is."

"I know that when I'm around you I'm excited and happy. I feel safe around you." I said.

He shook his head. "Anna, please don't do this. I know what's best for you. You're too young to know about love. So please stop saying you love me and stay away."

"Fine! I never wanna talk to you again. I hate you." I ran upstairs and slammed my door.

I sat on my bed and cried. I'm not too young. I'm tired of people telling me that I don't understand and that I'm just a kid. I know right from wrong. I'm fifteen years old. I'm turning sixteen this year. My mother has always treated me like a kid. She never told me about drugs and boys like Louis. I wanna learn I don't wanna be naive and oblivious anymore.

Harry might have been trouble for the last few days but he also helped me learn and experience what the real world is like. I'm not five years old anymore. I need to know. I need to live and learn from my mistakes. People aren't perfect. I'm far from it. I want to understand why people do certain things. I wanna know why Louis did what he did. I wanna know what he put in my drink. I just want answers.