Chapter4: Guilty

I felt bad about how I kicked Nina out yesterday. I felt bad about being somewhat attracted to my own stepbrother. I felt bad that I talked to David like everything is fine. I felt bad that Harry was right about what he said. The reason I felt the worst was because I had no regrets about anything I felt or did.

I spent the whole day on Sunday avoiding Harry because of that little incident we had Saturday after Nina left. It's not like I kissed him or anything inappropriate but, I don't think I will be saying that for long. Who's knows what that creep might try.

Why am I letting Harry get to me like this?

"Hey, Anna why have you been avoiding me?" I heard Nina say beside me. I turned to look at Nina giving me a concerned look. I couldn't tell her the real reason because she would think I'm gross or weird for having a crush on my own stepbrother. I wouldn't blame her to be honest.

"Oh, I got my period Saturday and I didn't wanna put you in a bad mood because I was in one." I said.

What? I had to lie about something.

She nodded "Oh well, are you okay now?" She asked.

"Yeah, just a bit tired." I said. We continued to walk down the hall. I spotted Harry against a locker with a blond girl all over him, clearly throwing herself at him. He wasn't listening to a word the girl was saying. I could see his eyes drawn to her cleavage as she spoke. Ugh what a douchebag. I rolled my eyes in disgust.

"Umm, can we walk this way instead Nina?" I begged.

She looked at me confused "Why, Are you okay?" She asked concerned.

"Yeah, I just don't want to walk this way because I don't want to run into someone."

Nina looked around. She tried to locate who I was talking about. "Who?" She asked. "Don't worry yourself it's not a big deal." I dismissed. I noticed Harry approaching us.

Oh no.

I quickly turned around heading the other way. Nina followed behind my abrupt turn of direction. I picked up the pace and Nina trailed behind in confusion. I heard his footsteps quicken behind us until he caught up to us.

"Hey, my two favorite girls Anna and... Her friend....Nanna?" Harry said while putting his arms over our shoulders. I grimaced at this.

"It's Nina" Nina corrected. 

"Whatever." He said. I rolled my eyes. "What do you want Harry?"

"What? I can't check in and see what you two are up to? So where are you to ladies headed? To stalk those dorks on the soccer team?" He laughed. Nina giggled as well.

Please go away.

"No but seriously, you guys want to skip?" He asked.

Was he serious right now?

"No, I much rather get my education and not be a high school drop out." I said.

Nina opposed. "Sounds like fun!"

"Fun? Nina are you crazy?" I questioned.

She shrugged. "Why not? What's the worst that could happen?" She question.

"Ummm I don't know, you get caught and get detention." I replied with an obvious undertone.

"That's not so bad." Nina said. Harry shrugged "Aww Nanna, let Anna be a goody-two-shoes and miss out. I always knew that she was boring."

"What? I am not boring. I could hand out if i wanted to. I just like to follow the protocol in an safe manner. I happen to take my education very seriously." I exclaimed. Harry chuckled

"Only boring girls say that." Harry remarked.

"Come on." Nina pleaded. "Just this once do something bad and rid yourself of that boring good girl image. Don't you want to experience life and take risks?" She reasoned.  I looked at Harry and Nina, both looked at me with pleading eyes.

I sighed "Ugh, I can't believe I'm doing this but, fine I'll do it."

They both cheered.

Harry patted me on the head. "That's the spirit, Anna."

We walked out of the school before the first bell rang. We got in Harry's car with Nina in the passenger, me in the back and Harry driving. We drove with all the windows down and the music turned all the way up with a "Fall out boy" song playing as loud as it could go. The wind in my hair and on my face felt nice. This was such a rush I never felt anything like this before. I could feel the blood rushing and my heart beating faster as Harry pushed the gas further. I never wanted this moment to end.

Then I saw red and blue flashing lights in the rearview mirror.

An angry voice spoke over the megaphone. "Pull over the car now!"

We were busted.