Chapter 56: Surprise

Anna's P.O.V

As Zayn was driving me home I couldn't help but think about the way Nina acted towards me today. I wonder what her problem was. I don't remember saying or doing anything wrong to her. Maybe this wasn't about me. This could be something else that she's going through and she doesn't want to address it with anyone. I mean I of all people should understand how that feels.

"You okay Bambi? You seem spaced out today."

I turned my head and looked toward Zayn. "I'm fine actually. I'm just thinking about how much homework I have to catch up on from missing school so much." 

He laughed. "yeah, you seem like you'd be the type of person to be stressed out about that type of stuff."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked.

"Well, You come off as a control freak and a perfectionist, since you're a little behind on your grades and school work I figured you'd be freaking out about it."

"Is that so?" I asked. He nodded.

"So you think you have me all figured out huh?" I questioned. 

"You're not that hard to read Bambi. I know what goes on in that pretty little head of yours." 

I rolled my eyes. "If you truly believe that then I won't go against you."

We finally arrived at my house. When we parked I noticed that there were a lot of people outside with hard yellow hats on with different vans and trucks parked outside. People were carrying wood and tools inside the house. What the heck is going on here? I stepped out of Zayn's car and looked around. My mother saw me and came toward me with the biggest smile on her face. 

"You're finally back from school." She pulled me in her a very tight hug.

"Mom, what is going on? Why are all of these workers at our house?" She pulled away from the hug. 

"Oh, Harry didn't tell you?" she questioned. 

"Tell me what?"

"He hired these people to help remodel the kitchen. Isn't that so sweet of him?" She gushed. I looked at her in shock. 

"He did what?"

"Oh, I didn't know you were bringing over a friend. Who is this young man?' She asked. 

I looked behind me and saw Zayn standing there looking just as confused as I was. I forgot he was even here. "Oh, I'm sorry this is Zayn. He's actually about the leave."

"So soon? Oh, honey, he's welcome to stay. I didn't know you had plans for friends to come over. This whole thing was a surprise to me. I didn't know Harry was going to-"

"It's fine mom. He has things to do anyway." I interrupted.

"Oh okay, Well, it was nice to meet you Zayn." she gave Zayn a welcoming smile.

"You too," he said.

Zayn turned towards me. "I'll text you later," he said.

I walked inside to search for Harry. I couldn't find him anywhere. I knocked on his door and there was no answer. I went back downstairs to ask my mother where he went. When I reached the bottom of the stairs there beholds the person I was looking for.

His green eyes looked up into mine as he looked away from one of the workers he was talking to. "Oh, I see you've made it home from school," he stated. 

"I need to talk with you," I said. He motioned for the worker to leave us alone for a moment. 

"What is all of this?" I asked.