Chapter:31 Bambi

I sat down beside that building for what felt like hours. It started to rain. I'm fully aware that I skipped school today but I don't care. I can't walk home because my mom comes home for lunch breaks and if she sees at me home she will have a cow.

I have nowhere else to go.

I saw someone pull up in a red car. The person stepped out and shut the door, locking it. I recognize who it is. It's a dark-haired boy. Harry's friend. He noticed me looking at him and he jogged over to me.

He approached me, standing above me. "You're Harry's little sister, yeah?" He asked.

I looked up at the tall boy standing over me. "Stepsister." I corrected.

He looked around. "What are you doing out here all by yourself in the rain?" He asked. He looked around with squinted eyes. The heavy rain poured all around us.

"That's none of your business," I replied.

He shrugged. "Look, babe, I'm just trying to help."

I cringed at the nickname he called me. "Please, just go away," I demanded.

"Not until you tell me why you're out here."

I looked up at him. His clothes were soaked from the rain. His black shirt was clinging to his skin and his perfectly quiffed hair was now casting down on his face from the rain. He squatted down at eye level with me. 

"I don't like standing over people. It makes me feel like I'm towering over them." He stated. "I'd like to think that all people should have equal levels of power and respect."

I looked at him confused. "You're quite strange," I said.

He chucked. "Yeah, cause I'm the one who's sitting on the side of a building in the pouring rain." He remarked.

"Yeah well, you're out here too," I stated.

He laughed. "Well, then I guess we're both strange."

I agreed. "Yeah, I guess so."

Lightening lit up the clouds followed by a crack of thunder rippling through the sky. Zayn looked up. "Do you mind if we talk somewhere inside or something?"

I shook my head. "I'm not going back inside of that place. Not with him."

"Okay well, I'll drive you home then." He offered.

"I can't go there either."

He huffed. "Well, would you like to go to my place?" He suggested.

I looked at him cautiously.

"Look I'm running out of ideas here. Now you can go into school drenched like this or home where you refuse to go. Your choice." He looked at me, waiting for my answer.

"Fine your house," I said.

He helped me up and we walked over to his car. There was no point in running because we were already soaked. Zayn opened the door and got in. He reached over and unlocked my door.

"You don't mind getting your seat wet?" I asked.

He shrugged. "I'll deal with that later just get in." He said. I got in and shut the door. He started up the car. 

"What about you going to school," I asked. I didn't want him to miss out on school because of me.

He shrugged. "I was late anyway."

My body shivered from the cold. He noticed my shaking body and clattering teeth.

"You cold?" He asked. I nodded my head. He reached over and turned up the heat instantly making the car warm.

"Are you sure that it's okay for us to drive in a storm?" I asked.

"Uh yeah, yeah, my house is just around the block." He said. I nodded.

"Then why do you drive to school? Wouldn't it just be easier to walk and save gas?" I asked.

"Because I go places after school." He answered.

"Where do you go?" I asked.

"You sure are a curious little thing aren't you." He stated. I looked down at my hands and blushed. I did sometimes let my curiosity get the best of me.

"Sorry about that." I apologized.

He laughed. "It's okay."

He began driving.

"Ever heard of the saying curiosity killed the cat?" He asked.

I scoffed. "Of course I have."

"Well, you should really take that saying into consideration." He said.

I fell silent, not really knowing what to say. I played with my hands. I could see him glancing at me out of the corner of my eye.

He spoke up breaking the silence. "You know you kind of remind me of Bambi."

"Bambi?" I questioned.

"Yeah, I think that's what I'll call you." He laughed to himself

"Bambi"