Confessions - Soraxx

(This oneshot takes place before Sora and Jaxx's love for each other was revealed; when they were still depicted as enemies.)

********

Jaxx was sprawled out on the living room couch, surfing through the TV's channels at one in the morning. It was true that he should've been in bed by that time; like everyone else in the Squad, yet he didn't feel tired at all.

Lately, he had been feeling different. He would get angry at the simplest things, and instead of snapping at Sora like he usually did, he would take his anger out on his friends.

The red head didn't know what was happening. He was also losing sleep; having weird dreams that he couldn't understand and never remembered once he awoke.

The television's low volume was suddenly interrupted by the sound of the front door opening and closing.

Everyone was supposedly asleep by now, and Jaxx was sure that the door had been locked.

So who had just walked in?

He lowered the volume even more, turning his head towards the hallway in hopes of spotting the intruder. A short masculine shadow neared, once in the television's lighting being revealed as a dripping wet Sora.

"What are you looking at?" The cyan haired boy snapped in an annoyed tone at Jaxx.

"Where have you been? You smell like a wet dog." The other replied with a disgusted face.

"Outside. Couldn't you tell by the buttload of water that's dripping from my clothes?" Sora hissed as he took off his wet jacket and tossed it into the kitchen sink.

"Yea, no duh. But what where you doing outside at this hour? And in this weather no less. Are you trying to catch a cold?" Jaxx argued with a scowl.

"It's none of your business." The shorter muttered, "Why do you care anyway? Aren't we supposed to be enemies?" 

"Oh? You think I'm asking because I care about you? How cute." The red head mocked as he turned his attention from Sora fiddling with his wet clothes back to the TV.

"Does hurting me make you feel good or something?" Sora growled, running out of patience as he stopped taking off his clothes.

The blue boys' remark froze Jaxx in place, his eyes flickering as he uttered  "I don't want to talk about it."

"Why are you so stubborn?" Sora suddenly exclaimed, "It's always like this. We fight for every single thing, yet when I try to fix it, you suddenly run out of things to say and leave."

"You wouldn't understand..." Jaxx muttered, "You're so annoying, why do you even try to fix our relationship?"

"Because I wish I could hate you."

"What?"

"I can't think straight when it comes to you and I hate it." Sora hissed as he avoided looking at the red head.

"What do you mean?" Jaxx asked quietly as he sat up straighter and stared at the shorter.

"I think I'm in love with you and that scares me to death," Sora admitted suddenly; his hands balling into fists as he continued to stare down at his shoes.

"I haven't been able to sleep for four days..." The red head whispered with a sigh.

"What does that have to do with-"

Jaxx interrupted the other, "It was always you, no matter how much I denied it."

Sora's eyes widened as he stuttered a loud "Huh?" and looked up at Jaxx quickly.

"Yea, I feel it too. This rivalry we have is just an excuse for how we truly feel about each other." The taller continued.

"I wish we weren't so afraid of our feelings..." Sora murmured as he fiddled with his scarf.

"We don't have to be," Jaxx replied as he stood up from the couch and neared Sora, "When did you realize you were in love with me?"

"Since the moment I first laid eyes on you," Sora stated in a wobbly voice while trying to hold back a goofy grin; this was the farthest that the two had gone without fighting. On top of that, also the calmest conversation.

"Why did you never tell me?"

"I was afraid of what the others would think... what you would think." He replied as his eyes drooped down to his shoes again.

"Sora, It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks." Jaxx comforted as he cupped the shorter's cheek gently.

"Oh, screw it!" Sora declared suddenly, "Just shut up and kiss me!"

He quickly grabbed the red head by his shirt's neck, forcing Jaxx to bend down as Sora gave him a quick peck on the lips.

Sora let go of Jaxx's shirt, his eyes darting around the room nervously.

He could feel the taller's gaze on him as he avoided locking his eyes with the red head.

The two stood in silence for a few minutes, one fiddling with his chipped nail polish while the other stared at him in surprise.

"Hey blue boy, kiss me again?" Jaxx asked after a while.

"Another kiss?"

"Yea," The red head replied bluntly as he cupped Sora's cheek again, this time kissing him first.

"I thought you wanted me to kiss you?" Sora half asked after separating from Jaxx, finally locking eyes with the taller.

"I ran out of patience," Jaxx muttered with a chuckle as he took hold of Sora's hand.

Their chatter turned into background noise as the rain beat down harder on the house's roof, yet didn't stop the boys from showering each other with quick kisses in between their shared giggles.

********

Hihi! Hhhhhhh um yea- I kinda thought this story would have a longer climax/arguing scene. I always imagined that these two's confessions would start because of one of their arguments, so I decided to write it ig? Yuh most of the things that Sora and Jaxx said were from random prompts/quotes I found on Pinterest. Also, I thought this oneshot would come out longer than it did so that's great-- anyway yea um I'm going back to school on Wednesday so expect updates to be slow since school is such a burnout!! 🤩 I have more ideas for oneshots in my notes so don't worry about that, it's just gonna be fighting for motivation from now on. Anyway anywayyy, hope you enjoyed reading, and as always, stay safe! <333

- Hochi ♡