Babysitting - Charlight

Light had gotten himself into a big problem. And he knew it.

Alex had signed up to babysit a six year old girl, but had bailed out at the last second. She'd obviously asked her brother to take her place. Light had rejected the offer, thus being threatened by the blonde that she would go ask Levi out if he didn't agree to help her out. And Light, being the overprotective brother he was, decided to take his dear sister's place in babysitting the kid.

But there was still the problem of course. He wasn't that good with little kids. Light had been taking care of the young girl for a few hours now, but he didn't think he would be able to take it any longer by himself. He decided that the best he could do was call a certain someone for help.

"Heyyy Orange Peel!..." The lavender haired boy greeted into the phone, his mind already set on calling Charli cute nicknames in hopes of gaining her help.

"What's up?" Charli replied on the other end of the line.

"Um, you see..." He started, "I have kinda gotten myself into a small problem and was wondering if you could maybe help me?"

"Sure! How can I help?"

"You remember how I once said I would like to parent with you? Yea well, I remembered you really like babies and you think they are cute, and I have sort of got myself a baby?..." He muttered, his words hardly understandable.

"Mhm... Wait you have a baby?!" The pumpkin haired girl suddenly exclaimed, the sound of her quickly standing up drowning out most of her yell.

"Oh, I mean, not like that of course-"

"Why didn't you tell me you had a kid! What's next, do you have a wife too?!" Charli asked frantically.

"No, Charli I meant that I was babysitting a kid."

"Oh. Well that's good then!" She exclaimed giddily in relief as she ran back to her seat on her couch.

"Okay anyway, I've been trying to babysit this little girl but she's been giving me a hard time lately. You think you could help me?" Light asked as he fiddled with his jacket strings nervously.

"Sure, send me the address and I'll be there in a bit!"

"Alright, thanks Goldfish." The shorter muttered quickly, hanging up as soon as he had finished the last words with cheeks ablaze.

Charli sat still for a few seconds as she tried to process the names Light had called her. A slight blush adorned her cheeks as she giggled and squirmed on the couch.

********

The doorbell's ring cut through the loud crying that was coming from inside the house. Light ran over quickly, making sure to check if it was Charli before opening the door.

"Hi Light!" Charli greeted as she gave the other a quick hug.

"Hi. I need your help, she won't stop crying!" The shorter exclaimed through fake sobs.

"So that was what I heard from outside, huh?" Charli teased before suddenly being dragged towards the living room by the other.

"Why's she crying anyway?" The pumpkin haired girl asked, most of her focus on the soft grip that Light had on her hand.

"I haven't fed her."

"You haven't given her anything to eat?!" Charli exclaimed in horror, "What is she, a fish?!"

"Well, I'm not the best at cooking and I didn't wanna give her food poisoning or something..." Light mumbled.

"I thought that was Levi's job."

Light let out a sarcastic laugh as he entered the living room, quietly gesturing towards the crying girl on the floor.

"Hi! My name is Charli, I'm one of Light's... Um, friends?..." Charli introduced herself, unsure of what her relationship with Light was.

The young girl continued to sob, yet her tears slowed down.

Charli neared the kid, crouching in front of her once closer.

"Are you hungry?" She asked gently as she wiped the young girl's tears away.

"Mhm." The younger replied, small sniffles escaping her.

"What do you want me to make you?"

"I like spaghetti a lot..."

The chatter of the two girls seemed to only be background noise as Light watched from afar. She was really good at this. He'd been trying to make the young girl stop crying for about an hour, yet Charli had done so in only a few minutes. He could feel as his face got a little red, but didn't seem to care since the two were so busy.

"Come on, let's go to the kitchen. I'll make you some yummy spaghetti and you can tell me all about yourself!" Charli exclaimed happily as she brushed back some loose strands of the young girl's brown hair.

The two got up, the little girl leading Charli by the hand as the older motioned for Light to come along.

Once both Light and the young girl were seated on the kitchen island's stools and Charli had begun to cook, they finally got to know the kid they were babysitting.

She was a sweet girl of six and her name was Jasmine. Her parents were busy people and she was an only child as well. Normally she would be looked after by the housekeeper when needed, but they had called in sick. Thus why Alex had offered to look after her, but then tossed the responsibility to Light.

Although she had seemed like a troublesome kid when Light and Charli had first met her, she turned out to be very optimistic and kind. All she needed was some food.

Jasmine got along with the two very well, more so towards Charli as she had been her "savior."

After being filled up by Charli's lunch, she had decided to go take a nap, leaving Charli and Light by themselves.

"She's such a cute little girl!" Charli said adoringly in a hushed voice as to not wake Jasmine up.

"I am so glad you were here to help me, I don't know what I would've done without you." Light thanked the other, giving her a goofy grin in thanks.

"Of course!" Charli exclaimed giddily as she gave him an equally foolish smile in return.

Yep, this was it. This was the girl he'd fallen in love with, and that was alright with him. Maybe, if he got lucky enough and won the love lottery, she'd be the mother of his children. Maybe, just maybe, he'd get to witness more of the love that she held for others, the comfort she gave to those in need as she wiped their tears away, and the kindness she spread by cooking warm meals for the ones she cared for.

********

Hihi! Hhhhhhh I'm not sure if this oneshot is that ship packed or not, but that's okay I guess-- I was listening to "Teacher's Pet" by Melanie Martinez while writing this, just in case anyone wants to know 🤠 anywayyy cute ending I guesssss 😍 uhhhh yea I'll try to write a Soraxx oneshot like.... Soon- maybe next weekend idk tbh 🤷‍♀️ uhhh yea I have a bunch of ideas saved in my notes for oneshots, but if any of you guys have requests you want me to do, don't be shyyy put 'em in the comments! (Or tell me in the request chapter at the very top of the menu thing) Anyway, hope you enjoyed reading, and as always, stay safe! <333

- Hochi ♡