Chapter 3: 7 Minutes in Hell

UNEDITED

SAMANTHA ON THE SIDE -------->

-----------------------------------------------

I almost made it out.

Emphasis on almost.

After the guy puked on Natalie's shoes she literally pushed me aside and ran up the stairs screaming the entire time. It was then that I understood why loud music was needed in a party.

The minute she went I ran down the staircase hoping to escape. If Rebecca was here she would make a big fuss on how I could do this to her. I was probably the first person ever outside the jock or cheerleader group to ever be invited to the Truth or Dare game and Rebecca, who always liked to stay at the top of the school gossip, would have killed to get a chance like this to see if all the rumours were true.

Well, I don't care about some stupid idiotic rumours. If Samantha was here with me I'm sure she would support me completely and tell Rebecca to stop bothering me. But given a chance even she would take that offer in a heartbeat, but of course for different reasons than Rebecca.

Oh well neither of them would have been invited anyway. After all the only reason I was being invited was so that Natalie could carry on some plan of hers anyway. No way could she be so nice to me, it's not possible. It is her character defect; she just CANNOT be nice unless she has something to gain.

I opened the door hoping to smell clean air and not the stale beer smell that lingered all around the house. But with my luck I walked straight into a guy.

And boy did it hurt. He was really tall and I raised my head to see who it was, but right then someone tapped me on my back. I spun around to find Alec looking at me intently, his eyes scanning me. It's a miracle that I didn't turn into a puddle right then and there.

"Why are you leaving so soon?" he said quizzically.

"Umm... because umm..." I said but Alec wasn't paying even the slightest bit of attention to me.

Instead he was glaring at someone. I turn around to see a boy with black hair disappearing into the kitchen. Although I couldn't see his face properly, I'm pretty sure I have seen him somewhere.

"Earth to Clara," Alec said breaking me out of my trance.

"Um what?" I say unintelligently.

"Are you coming up willingly or do I have to drag you?" Alec said smiling.

Now most people would blush and think that maybe he likes me back, but whenever I think that the next minute I see him kissing another girl. So basically he is just super friendly with me and I had learned to accept that. Until he started dating Natalie. Suddenly an idea came into my head. I'm pretty sure that the punch must have been spiked or something because the normal I would have never had the guts to do something like that otherwise.

I simply smiled and said, "I doubt you will be able to drag me."

And as expected Alec gave his trademark dimpled smile and lifted me up bridal style as he carried me up the stairs.

My heart was thumping the entire way, mostly because I couldn't wait to see how Natalie reacted when she saw me. Not because of the fact that the guy of my dreams was literally carrying me upstairs. Yup I definitely needed to get my head checked.

Let's just say I wasn't disappointed. AT ALL. I have never seen her this mad. Ever. She gave me her deluxe you are so dead look and she slammed the door behind her. So much for being nice to me.