Chapter 34: Gossip Girl Wasn't Nearly as Scandalous

NOT REALLY HAPPY WITH THIS CHAPTER GRAMMAR OR CONTENT WISE. NOT PROOF READ SO ITS REALLY REALLY REALLY BAD.

We stand quietly both of us glaring at each other. Neither of us were willing to back down.

"You owe me at least that much to hear out what I have to say." He says.

"I don't owe you anything." I spit,"Because I don't recognise you anymore."

He looked at me blankly. His face had done what it did best wiped itself of any emotion or any hint as to what he was thinking. His eyes were dark indicating the frustration and anger his face couldn't.

"Why did you come?" His voice was harsh and cold and any hint of the playfully teasing Jake had disappeared.

"Because I wanted answers." I state.

"Why?" His voice was demanding,"Why want answers about things you can't handle?"

I bit back my lip trying to find something to say to him but I drew up blank because he was right.

Why was I seeking answers?

Why would I get myself involved in any of this if I didn't care?

I cared.

I still do.

More than I should. More than what's definitely good for me.

"I don- I don't know." I say finally looking down.

He doesn't say anything and we stand there for a few moments unmoving in the silence that weighed down our thoughts.

"Come with me and I'll explain. " He says calmer this time.

"What could you possibly say to explain?" I counter still looking down.

"Maybe nothing." He insists,"But if you are really going to judge me based on this then I think you should know just how bad this is."

I stay silent but I already know my decision. Despite everything that I had come to know I didn't feel even slightly unsafe.

"Fine." I say despite myself and every sane thought that was telling me to walk away,"Explain."

___________________________

We were back in central park at the ice rink. It was deserted now at about eleven in the night on Christmas Day where everyone was happily having dinner with their families at home or were out partying with their friends.

I on the other hand was standing near a deserted ice rink with my fake boyfriend who happened to be my my crush's soon to be step brother and lets not forget he was mixed up in a gang to be a part of the plan to kill his father.

I mean wow.

Just freaking wow.

At the start of this senior year I was a good girl whose most exciting night would have been talking to Alec now in the span of one day I had not only ridden a motorcycle through the busy streets of New York but had also transformed into a girl who wore red lipstick and make up and basically flipped off her sister in front of her mom. Oh and lets not forget the pyscho ex whatever all decked up in pink who turns out to be the daughter of the gang leader who is currently using Jake to help kill his father.

And people call their Christmas exciting.

"How did you reach the club?"

It was his first words since we left the club. He hadn't spoken to me during the entire cab ride and although the silence was suffocating me. I needed it to clear my head and it took everything in me to not run away and forgive him at the same time.