Chapter 11: The Automaton Supergoddess

UNEDITED

Can you come over?

I look at the text from Alec with my eyebrows raised. It wasn't that I wasn't used to it.But considering our interaction for the last four days this was definitely a surprise. I mean not that it made me any less happier.

I mean we barely talked in Chemistry and I avoided him like the plague all other times because Natalie was with him. Depressing right?

But it surprisingly wasn't. Even with Rebecca starting to spend a hell of a lot of time with Jeremy, if you know what I mean (nudge nudge wink wink) and Samantha was always with Matt, I strangely wasn't alone.

Believe it or not now days it was Jake with whom I spent time with. When I told this to Rebecca she simply rolled her eyes and said, Yeah big surprise you are spending time with a really hot guy who happens to be your boyfriend.

Well she was right.

I mean after the kiss thing and the fact that we were spending a hell of a lot more time together people were definitely buying the whole fake relationship thing.

Just yesterday a Gossip Review came out with a picture of our kiss and a full blow to blow detail of our relationship. I would be lying if I didnt regret missing the look on Natalies face when she read it.

But the plan was working. Alec was getting jealous. In fact me ignoring him and Natalie just made it even better. In Chemistry me and Jake had both arrived late and Alec was already there sitting in the middle seat. Casting stony glances at Jake.

But the weirdest part (yes weirder than the fact that Alec might actually like me) is the fact that it wasn't only Alec who was behaving like that.

Two guys who i had never seen in my life came and asked ne to the winter ball which was like more than a month away but before I had the chance to verify if it was a dare or not, Jake came and the guys vanished into thin air.

I tie my hair in a pony and stare at my reflection for a good five minutes. I put on lipgloss and mascara and am satisfied with the fact that I don't look like I've just gotten out of bed. Which I totally have.

I close the door behiend me with a nice satisfying bang knowing there was no one in the house. I had to go for dinner at the Hendersons as my parents and my grandmother were out and my grandmother knew better than letting me alone in a kitchen.

I knock on Alecs door thrice while checking my watch whose hands showed that it was a little after eight.

I opened the door gently to see Alec sitting on the sofa in the middle of the room looking at the blank TV.

He looked up startled his green eyes almost black like the dark circles around his eyes. I take one step foward slowly.

"What happened?" I say softly.

He looked at me dor a few seconds and my heart started pounding.

"Im sorry." He whispered.

I gave him a quizical look.

"For what?" I say as I sit next to him ont hte couch looking at his tired green eyes.

"I dont know.." he says,"Everything? Acting like a complete Jackass and you know being a jackass.

I laugh.

"Puhleez. Ive known you for ever." I say,"You may be a lot of things show off, Pouty, whiny-"

"Are we ever going to get to the good part about me?" he says giving me a slight smile.

If I did then i would keep rambling.