Chapter 43: It's All About the Chemistry

SORRY FOR THIS PATHETIC CHAPTER

Oil Paint.

Natalie Anderson dumped an entire bucket of black oil paint all over me in front of the entire school and she couldn't have picked a better time.

Well she didn't do the dirty work herself of course she made all her minions do it who blabbed the minute they got caught and almost instantly got suspended.

Everyone freaked out after it though. Most of them laughed and some of them literally started screaming for ruining everything.

To be honest I was kind of relieved.

Up till that point I was so caught up in everything. My favourite flowers, his speech and everything else that I didn't think through what I was about to just blindly say. I was going to say yes to him like a stupid moron.

So it was good in a way that Natalie did what she did when she did because it served as a wake up call as to what I was going to do and if I was grateful to Natalie about anything at all ever, this was it.

"So I see you both once again in my office."

I look at our principal who looks pissed as hell. Thankfully this time it was not at me.

Natalie huffs and sits on the chair but I remain standing. When the paint had fallen on me, Samantha had been the first to react. She grabbed me by the hand and took me into the locker room and stuffed me into a shower. She gave me her shampoo which she kept in her locker so I could get all the paint off before it left a nasty stain.

When I came out Samantha told me I had to go to the principals office.

It was then Alec had shown up looking rather red seeing me in a towel and handed me a set of clothes.

Natalie's.

Alec who knew her locker code and had taken her extra set of clothes out thinking that it was the least of what she owed me after the debacle outside.

"This behaviour is worthy of expulsion." Mrs Davis looks lividly at Natalie who doesn't even flinch.

"But since you're the daughter of a trusted chairman I can only suspend you and talk to your father."

Natalie keeps her mouth shut but she remains passive as if she was unimpressed and that's when she notices what I'm wearing.

"Are those mine?" Her voice is high pitched and her eyes are wide as saucers.

"Alec gave them to me." I respond coldly.

Her eyes narrow and she smirks,"I couldn't have a more perfect time could I?"

"Miss Anderson enough." Our principal speaks up,"You're on thin ground now do you really want to mess around?"

She raises an eyebrow,"It was just a prank Miss Davids, I don't see why it's being made such a-"

"Because it was done on school grounds." Even I step back at her tone and Natalie's calm facade has finally broken.

"You two were supposed to go for counselling as far as I can recall." She continues,"Clara here came on the first day of school and asked me to excuse her from any after school activity due to her SATS."

"Today was supposed to be your first day and yet Miss Anderson you failed to come. What excuse do you have this time?"

Natalie keeps her mouth shut.

"First things first Miss Anderson, I expect a handwritten letter apologising for your actions addressed to Miss Wilson."

I try my best not to snort at that.