Chapter 66: I Love You

Banner by: bookwormian

UNEDITED: I'm going to admit it I kind of teared up a little, very very little during this chapter and I don't even know why it's not great or anything. It's probably because I can't believe this book is coming to and end or because I've been emotionally unstable ever since the Captain America Civil War Trailer came out.

OH MY GOD IT'S COMING ONE DAY AFTER MY BIRTHDAY I'M GOING TO BE LYING ON MY BED THE ENTIRE 5TH OF MAY DYING FOR THE MOVIE. Thanks Marvel.

Yeah, that's definitely why. Totally unhinged

Two chapters to go unless I decide to cut the last chapter in two parts which I probably will just so that this book ends on Chapter 69. LOL. If this chapter is kind of broken in bits do tell me, I've been sick the past week and I'm not really sure what I've written.

AND HOLY SHIT 100K comments on this book. You guys rock.

I stand there frozen.

I can't move. I can't breathe because I'm afraid that even the slightest movement and he'll disappear.

"Go." Rebecca says,"Go get him."

He's here. 

He's really here.

Please, please let this not be a dream.

I take one step forward still unsure, still breathless, still afraid that he'll just vanish breaking me into pieces all over again.

I take another step forward and at this point I'm already drenched but I don't care.

Another step.

He's still here.

Another step.

And then I'm running.

I'm running and I'm stumbling over my dress barely managing to see through the rain. I'm running over the wet grass, across the field not giving a damn that my entire dress was ruined and I probably looked like a mess.

He came back.

He came back to me.

I slam into him so hard that I send the both of us tumbling to the ground with me on top of Jake.

"Clara Wilson, you somehow manage to sweep me off my feet every time I see you." He says grinning. I look at him taking him all in, his bright green eyes and his black hair matted from the rain. He smells like honeydew and rain and his hands are around my waist like the belong there.

They do.

"You're here." I say softly, still not quite believing it, "You're really here."

"I shouldn't be." He says as he gently pushes my hair out of my face and tucks it behind my ear,"But since we both know I'm a selfish bastard who can't stay away from you-

"Jake?"

"Yeah?"

"Just shut up and kiss me already."

And he does.

It's the kind of kiss that takes my breath away, the kind that's intoxicating, the kind that's addictive, longing and absolutely devastating at the same time.

I don't how long we kiss, it could have been a minute or forever, but when we finally break apart to catch our breaths, I roll over to the side so that I'm lying next to him on the ground looking up at the sky.