Chapter 24: It's like I am Going to Meet the Godfather

UNEDITED 

WARNING: IT'S A BIT DRY AT SOME POINTS

You know there is a point in every girls life when she wants to choke the life out of someone.For me that is every time I'm in a two mile radius of my mother or my sister.

Unfortunately for me today I had to face both of them.

Please shoot me already.

"Yellow isn't your colour." My mom comments looking at me.

You see my face? Does it look like I fucking care?

My sister drops a hanger and it's then that I realise that I spoke out loud.

Oops, did I just say that.

"Is this how I taught you to behave young lady?" My mom hisses, trying not make a big scene in the middle of her own shop.

"Well," I say suddenly feeling brave,"You see there was the matter of you actually being there to teach me."

My mothers eyes widen and my sister gives me an amused smile. She is clearly liking where this is going.

That was my first clue to stop.

"Clara take that back right now." My mother says her greyish eyes flashing me warning signals," What has gotten into you lately? You were never this wild."

Yeah I was never this wild. I should probably stop now but my mouth was on autopilot.

"And how do you know that?" I say,"How do you know that I have not been partying , drinking and sleeping with people left, right and centre."

I don't know what's gotten into me but lately I had an extremely short tolerance level. I had never had any respect for my mother and right now when she had spent her entire morning criticising me I was at the end of patience.

My mother glares at me.

"You were never like this." My mother says,"Must be that ill behaved boys influence on you. Jeanine could never keep her son in line here and he is clearly influencing you."

My mouth falls open and I am staring at her shock.

"But you were over joyous when I told you." I say kind of dumbstruck.

"Yes, well I thought you could change him." My mother says sifting through the pile of clothes my previous outburst clearly forgotten,"But clearly he hasn't improved."

"He is the sole heir to his fathers company and he is extremely smart." I defend him my anger rising ever so slightly.

"But he also sleeps with girls and uses them." Michella states and I throw her an icy glare.

"Well, then the girls are just as pathetic as him." I say,"mooning over a guy who is pretty much a jackass and they yet have no self respect for themselves."

"Says the person who is dating him." Michella yells back.

"Michella watch your volume." My mother says as she gives a fake smile to the attendants,"But I have to agree with her Clara. Jake is a troubled child and when you started to date him I was just happy that you weren't lesbian seeing your poor track record with boys."

"Besides." My mother says,"I have never seen him in a relationship either. You must be just an experiment of his who must be playing hard to get."

I stare at my mother trying to control my anger. I'm literally second from slapping this stranger who thinks she has a say in my life.