Chapter 14: Coming out of The Closet

UNEDITED 

I hate getting up in the mornings. It's a fact. So when my phone started playing Call Me Maybe in full volume I was more or less pissed.

Okay admit it it's a pretty awesome ringtone even though the irony is lost on everyone but me. So anyway I was about to open my eyes or try to grab my phone and throw it as far away from me as possible but before I could do that I heard a voice saying.

"Will someone for the love of god switch of that horrid music."

I kinda froze. That voice definitely came from my bed and was way too deep to be mine. So I peeked out of the corner of my eye as subtly as possible to see what exactly was sleeping beside me.

It was Jake and he was completely shirtless.

Now usually in every single clichéd book Rebecca has ever lent me you will see that the girl just wakes up and admires his muscular abs and shit like that for like god knows how long until the boy wakes up.

I on the other hand was thinking more along the lines THERE IS A BOY HALF NAKED IN MY BED AND I DONT REMEMBER ANYTHING ABOUT LAST NIGHT. Do you see where I am going with this?

I do the most natural thing. I scream.

Jake suddenly shoots up and shouts,

"Where's the fire?"

He then turns to look at me his expression completely confused. We both stare at each other for a good minute.

I am ashamed to say that I did peek at his shirtless body a few times and swoon. His eyes then widened as if he finally understood what's going on.

"What the Fu-"

Before he can complete the sentence I literally push him off the bed. I'm still trying to convince myself that was because my personal space was violated and not because I wanted to just to see that if this was just a dream and that Jake Henderson is nowhere nearly as hot or maybe I just wanting an excuse to touch his chest.

Shit.

I was so much more innocent before.

He lands on the floor with a thump and I hear a very girlish scream. I stifle a laugh and crawl to the edge of the bed to make sure that Jake hasn't suffered brain damage. The poor kid can't afford to lose any more brain cells.

I blink twice to make sure what I was seeing. Jake was on top of Alec who was looking at him with his horrified green eyes. But that wasn't the worst part. Their faces were so close that they looked like they were about to kiss.

"If you guys are going to come out of the closet," I say, "Then please do it in someone else's room."

After that Jake scrambled of in one direction with Alec in the other and I burst out laughing.

"I'm glad that was amusing." Jake grumbled, "But Alec this is never going to happen."

"You just broke my heart Jake." Alec said sarcastically, "Into tiny pieces."

My headache comes back in full force and I start feeling annoyed.

"What the hell are you doing in my room, the both of you?" I say, "And Jake don't you own a shirt?"

"So you don't remember anything from last night." Alec asked.

"Nope all I remember was going to eat something..." I broke off.

Alec grinned.

"Best of luck explaining it to her man." He said, "I'm out of here."

"You are not going anywhere." I bark and Alec quickly scrambles back.