Q & A: Ask And You Shall Recieve

Q1:How did you come up with the idea of The Guy Next Door? Was it completely random or was it inspired by something?

Ans: Well I’m not going to lie I'm a massive Taylor Swift fan and it all started with the video You Belong With Me. It was one of the cutest videos I had seen so far and I really liked the concept. I wanted to use it with my own twist. But that was only for the Alec part. As for Jake..... He wasn’t even in the book when I began it and suddenly through the 2nd chapter I cooked him up. So the answer to the question above is yes and no.

Q2. Clara is a very complicated character. She is freaking out one moment and the next she is completely calm. How is that possible?

Ans: I really liked this question, genuinely reading this I’m like whoa that’s a smart one. The Guy Next Door is your typical teenage chick flick book I’m not going to lie. It has its clichés and well Clara is your typical spineless nerd with no social life and an ultra popular ex best friend. Now the reason she is so bipolar sometimes  is because unlike most books where the side characters is bringing out the main character here Clara's mood reflects on the people who are around her. She is spontaneous with Jake, sweet and understanding with Alec, etc. So my aim here is to put emphasis on the guys more (A.K.A Jake and Alec) for the first part and at the last bit you will see much more of Clara.The real Clara.

Q3. Team Alec or Team Jake

Ans: Ha-ha. I knew that was coming. Well I keep on switching. At times I’m totally Team Alec and the other times I’m like Jake! Jake! I keep on changing my endings and I’m very indecisive but if I don’t get it together by the end I will probably ask you guys what you feel.

Q4. How long is this book going to be?

Ans: Around 40 chapter or more but definitely no more than 50.

Q5. Are we ever going to have a Jake or Alec's POV?

Ans: Yes the epilogue, the guy she ends up with will be narrating that chapter.

Q6. What town do they live in?

Ans: I haven’t mentioned it yet because I want a more universal feel to it. Its somewhere in America and its completely up to you where it is. It maybe suburban New Jersey or your own town.

Q7. We have heard a lot about Michella will be seeing her anytime soon?

Ans:Well-*Is captured by the Federation of SPOLIER ALERT*

Q8. What happened in the party that made Natalie and Clara break off?

Ans:*Is still detained by FOSA*

Q9. Can you relate yourself to Clara?

Ans: No not all. I don’t want to either. Honestly she is quite a whiny character. She will be getting better. I would like the Jake and Alec situation though. I am the short sarcastic girl with a huge attitude :) If any of you have read my other book Lights,Camera,High School then I’m much more like Alexis:)

Q10. Why does it take you so much of time to update?

Ans: Correction I am the short sarcastic girl who is very very lazy.

Q11. Will we ever know more details about camp with Jake?

Ans: *Is taken into custody of scary men in black suits*

Q12. If you were in Clara's position would you rather be with Jake or Alec?

Ans:*is still in custody*

Q13.Whats with all the typos?

Ans:I type on a touch screen phone and I do it very fast. I am too lazy or tired to re read it all over again. But this book will go under some major editing afterwards.

Q14. Will there be a sequel?

Ans:Oh my sweet potatoey NO WAY! I often find that sequels ruin the book and besides what’s the point about dragging about their relationship? There maybe a random one shot book but upart from that no there definitely won't be a sequel.

Q15: Any songs that inspire you to write this book?

Ans: Too many to count really but here are a few.

You Belong With Me- Taylor Swift

You Found Me- The Fray

Treacherous- Taylor Swift

Never Say Never- The Fray

Clarity- Zedd

The Way I Loved You- Taylor Swift

How to Save A Life- The Fray

Man Who Can't be Moved- The Script

Q16: Would you like to have a love story like Clara?

Ans: Good question. I am not the kind of girl who really believes in the idea of true love. I just find it to cliched and far fetched to happen. Having said that my answer is probably no, I would not like to be a part of all the drama she has to face but then getting chased by two extremely cute guys is definitely on the top of my bucket list ;P

Q 17:Do you like cliches?

Ans: YES I absolutely adore them. Maybe because people dont find it very often in real life but because they make me a fangirl. But even I have my limits and I love the cliche as long as they dont make the story extremely extremely predictable. I love a book that has all the cliches possible but manages to give its own spin making it unique in a way.

 Q18: What made you pick Taylor Swift for the role of Clara in your cast?

Ans; Well it had to be the You Belong With Me video that has to be the main reason. But I think Its also because she fits the awkward shy clumsy girl as well as the fiesty stubborn girl very well. She is pretty when she tries otherwise looks like a normal girl who you wouldnt look at twice. Plus I think she would be extremely good with Logan Lerman who plays Jake and Lucas Till who plays Alec.Plus it made finding clips for the book trailer so much easier.

Q19: Which character do you like the most in your book?

Ans: Well I am always torn between Jake's cocky stubborn behaviour and Alec's ability to make just about anything look positive. I can't choose between them.

Q20. I don’t like Ashley very much. Can we kill her off?

Ans: Give her some time. She will make up for it.*is dragged back into custody*

AUTHORS NOTE
I updated the Q and A chapter. Anymore questions please ask if you guys have anymore doubts. Next chapter will hopefully be next Sunday. Oh and guys will you please comment and vote. It would be really nice to see what you guys think. And a good comment may win a chapter dedication or a shout out.