Chapter 17: New Home and Family

Again, I woke up on the cold floor. This time, I didn't hurt as much as the first. Maybe I was getting used to it. I pushed myself up and got onto my feet.

"Good, you're up," a voice said.

I turned around, staring into the king's eyes. "What do you want?" I asked, tired of all the whipping and water-pouring.

"I think it's time for you to start acting as our family."

"But I don't want to."

"You will and have to."

"I don't wanna."

"You are and will."

"Look, I don't know what sh*t you're trying to do to me, but I'm not going to do it!"

The enderman looked at the young hybrid, unimpressed but calm. "I'm trying to pull you back into a place where you belong. Your so-called 'friends' don't see you as anything but a monster. We are not monsters but simple mobs, like other Minecraftians, that wants to live a life. We want to build a colony that can protect us from them!"

"And destroy the world!" Deadlox added.

"We are neutral to Minecraftians, but when they look at us and mock us, we have no other choice but to slay them! We did nothing except to protect ourselves! We have feelings! We have desires! Just like you! You want to live a perfect life, right? It was your friends that destroyed it!"

"Not true! That's not true! It was that-" he didn't want to admit that it was his fault that things turned out this way, but he had no other options left to protect his friends," it was the monster in me!"

"And yet, they are afraid of you. They did nothing to help you. They all screamed and ran away. Some even attacked you."

Speechless, Deadlox tried to come up with things that he can use against the enderman. But, the words that he said were true. Sky attacked him. Dawn tried to push Deadlox away. Seto didn't want to help him. His girlfriend didn't listen to him and pushed him towards his friends. Tears started to run down his cheeks. 'They... abandoned... me...' those words spreaded throughout my body.

"I understand that you are feeling alone, but you have a chance to be with us. We will take care of you. We will not abandon you. We will not be afraid of you. All you need to do is join us."

'Maybe.... This is for the best,' I thought.

The enderman held his stick hand out. "Now, do you want to join your family or be stuck here alone, forever?"

I reached out and hesitated. If I join him, then I wouldn't see Jocelyn again. Looking back, I remember the fun times we all had. The park our. The party. The recordings. The skits. The dates. Maybe I can go back and tell them that I have changed. But, they wouldn't forgive me when I was in a form like them. And, if they see me now, they would probably kill me. I reached out and held his hand.

"Good," he said.

I blinked and we were in a different place. I looked around. It was like the main room in a kingdom.

"Welcome to your new home and family," the endermen said.