Chapter 22: Morph

I watched Jocelyn from the distance. She was burying Seto in this spot where it's secluded with trees with a small sun spot. She placed the pale body in the hole and filled the hole with dirt. She flattened it out and placed a sign saying," In the memories of Setosorcerer."

Should I regret killing him?

Yes! The voice boomed through my head with anger.

No. He deserved it. He betrayed us. He was thinking for himself.

"Deadlox, I swear to you that I will kill you," I heard the weeping girl.

Too bad someone else took over. I really wanted to go for her, but I want to save her for something special. She was my girlfriend, after all.

Sky. He's the one I want to haunt starting now. I wished that I could teleport to his house from here, but that was too far. My flapping wings will make too much noise, so I decided to walk like a normal human. I turned away from the scene and started walking to the town where most of the people lived. Especially Jocelyn, Dawn and Sky.

I was at the entrance of the town. I calmly walked through the busy crowd, thinking about how I'll greet Dawn and Sky.

Don't you dare hurt them! The voice in my head grew louder for my brain to hurt. I whimpered in pain for a moment and gathered my strength back.

I couldn't get into the further side of the town since only celebrities were allowed. I couldn't show myself. Instead, I went to the nearest bar and grabbed a glass of apple cider. I looked around, making sure no one is watching me, and pour the bottle of the potion in my drink. The cider changed colors for a bit, then it went back to normal. I pour some of the drink back into my bottle and drank the rest of it. Luckily, the potion doesn't wear off unless I drink milk. I hid the potion in my pocket. I needed money to get out of the bar. I thought about getting a girl and stealing some gems from her. I spotted a lonely girl who was sitting by the window, staring off into space with her drink wrapped by her hands. I slowly sat next to her. "Hey," I greeted.

She blinked and looked at me. "Hi. Do I know you?"

"Maybe." I tried to keep calm.

"Is there something that I can help you with?" Her aquatic blue eyes stared into mine.

"Yeah. I'm new in this town and I have no idea where to go."

"Oh, I'm not much of an outgoing person."

"That's okay," I scooted closer to her," I just need a friend."

"Um... I'm not much of a socializing person either." She started to scoot away.

"That's okay. I'm just a bit lonely and I've been traveling. I would like to stay here for a while and make some new friends. You look like someone who needs someone new, too!"

"Excuse me?"

"I'm just saying a beautiful person like you shouldn't spend too much time by herself. I'm always free." I scooted closer and had my face close to her cheek. "I promise I'm not going to hurt you." I grabbed her chin and gently smashed my lips into hers. My lips moved as she was learning. When she was fully into it, I slid my hands into her pocket, feeling for some money. I grasped onto a handful of them, slowly put them out and slide them into my pocket. I pulled away. "Thank you," I whispered into her ear. I handed an emerald to the waitor and left. At least I have some cash to spend on and now I can have the power to morph.

I creeped out into a little forest with small birds. I focused on one bird, a robin. My wings and claws were ready to be used. I waited until the bird was closer and I charged at it, with my wings flapping to make sure it won't fly away. I reached for it and crushed it with my claws. I felt the flesh disappearing into me.

I thought about being a bird and I felt like I was shrinking. My wings and arms were closing into each other. My tail was shrinking and I felt my mouth shaping. I opened my eyes and looked at myself. Red feathers and small feet. I hopped around for a bit. I spread my wings and flapped. I could fly easily since this was a small animal. I could easily get into Sky's house without causing any attention. It's almost evening and the sun is going down. I'm looking forward to this night.