Chapter 29: Saving Jocelyn

I flew to Seto's home. I dodged branches and rocks, going as fast as I can. If she was taken, it had to happen when she's alone. And she's the only one who knew that Seto died.

Jocelyn. Jocelyn... Jocelyn. That was the only thing that was running through my head. That was the only thing that kept me going.

I stopped several feet from the grave, making sure that no one is near. When I figured the coast was clear, then I walked closer to it. There was nothing that shows that she was taken. There weren't footprints, either. It could mean that someone took her before she got here. I looked around, mostly the floor.

Then, I realized that that there were faint trails on the ground. There were footprints running around the grave and two lines leading to the river, where the portal was. I flew high up and morphed into my human form as I dove straight into the water. I closed my eyes.

I waited until I could breathe again and opened my eyes. I was in a hallway. I can't really tell which hallway since there are so many in this castle. What I need to find is the cell room. She should be there. Using my instincts, I lead myself to the room.

I slowly opened the door, creeping into the room. Memories flushed into me, making me sick. When I reached to the bottom of the stairs, I looked around. Most of the cells were empty. Some of them were filled with skeletons. I felt a lump in my throat and swallowed it.

I went farther into cells that were in the back. In the last cell, there was a human shackled to the wall, unconscious. Jocelyn. I used my claws to pick out the locks. And opened it. I rushed up to her and held her face. Her eyelashes fluttered. She looked at me, her eyes wide opened. "Dead-"

"Shhh," I shushed her. "I'm going to get you out of here." I picked out the locks of the shackles and picked her up in my arms. I started to run out of the cells, into the hallways. I thought about the overworld, picturing it in my head, but a voice interrupted me," What are you doing?"

Sylva.

I had to pretend to be "Enderlox" or I might as well be dead. "Sylva, thank goodness. I need you to help me get her out of here."

She looked at Jocelyn, studying her. "Alright. I know the quickest way out. Think about the waterfall I showed you, and then the shore."

I did. I closed my eyes hard and imagined it. Hearing the waterfall, I opened my eyes, finding myself surrounded by endermen soldiers. I turned around to Sylva. She looked at me with a disgusted face.