Chapter 33: Monster Inside

"Hi guys!" Jocelyn greeted.

"Hey!" Dawn replied.

I greeted then, but Sky didn't say anything. He had his arm around Dawn, like it was only his to touch.

Dawn asked,"You ready to go in?"

"Yeah," I responded.

It was pretty loud once we stepped into the place. People were drinking, hanging out, and dancing. It wasn't those clubs where people start making out, it was those clubs where you make new friends. Sounds so cliché though.

Jocelyn and I split from Dawn and Sky ,and we pushed through the crowd to get a good spot to dance. I stared at Jocelyn, who was pumping the air, and smiled. I started to dance.

"Hey." Sky popped out of nowhere.

"Woah, hey dude!"

"Listen, I'm sorry for being mean to you. I guess I'm just a bit too stubborn."

"It's alright."

"I want to talk to you, privately. Don't worry, Dawn's here."

I turned around to sew Jocelyn dancing with Dawn. I turned back to Sky and nodded.

We walked out of the club and into the forest. During the walk, he began," It's been a long month for you, wasn't it?"

"Yeah. It was pretty bad."

"Dawn told me."

"I see."

"And I heard that you'd do anything to 'unsee' the things you saw."

"Yeah."

"I'm curious. What did you go through? I want to hear it from you."

I explained almost the same way I explained to Dawn. It was tiring and looking back to it, I lost my happy mood. But, I kept on smiling like nothing happened.

Sky replied, after I was done,"Well, welcome back to the normal life."

"Thanks, I-"... felt something sharp through my right leg. I howled with pain, the memories of the fight ran through my head. I looked at Sky. He looked at me with the same disgusted face like what Sylva had before.

"I'm just putting you out of misery," he growled. He kicked me down.

"Why?" I groaned, not having the strength to get up. When I tried to stand, he kicked me down again.

"You said that you'd do anything to not see what you saw. That's why I'm doing the dirty work."

"You don't have to do this." I got kicked on my stomach.

"If I don't, who will?" He punched me and dragged me somewhere. I felt the faint burn of friction. My wounded leg kept on rubbing the ground, which made me groan.

I asked, "Where are you taking me?"

"Where no one can find you."

"I haven't done anything wrong."

"And let's keep it that way."

"Sky, please. I'm putting my life back together."

"I'm making sure the trouble won't happen again."

"Please."

He stopped and shoved me down on the ground. I tried crawling away from him, but he planted his knife through my left leg, into the ground. I couldn't move anywhere. Sky bent down on one knee and pulled my chin up to face him. His eyes glowed like molten gold. He whispered," There's a monster inside you. And, I can't let it free again."

"The monster is never coming back," I replied. "It's weak now. It has nothing to live for."

"And, he won't regret going on a rampage."

"Please. I can keep it inside."

"I can't trust that."

"Sky!" I heard Dawn's voice.

He didn't even turn around. He stood up and replied," I'm putting him out of his misery. He's been through too much." He took out the knife, whispering into my ear,"Nighty-night sweet prince." And kicked me off.

I never knew that I was at the edge of a cliff. I felt the wind trying to blow me upwards, but gravity was stronger.

If only I could tell them that there was a monster inside of Sky.