Chapter 12: The Plains

I heard a voice calling for me. I could recognize it. "Deadlox," the most beautiful voice said.

I opened eyes. I don't know where we were, but all I know was that we were in the plains. We were in the middle of the plains. Grasses were tall, so I couldn't see her.

"Deadlox!" She called me again. It was coming from my left, so I ran towards to that direction.

"Ty!" Her voice was coming from the right. Did I go too far? I ran towards that direction.

I was getting a bit tired from running too hard. "Jocelyn!"

"Ty!" Her voice came from the back.

I was getting tired and fustrated, but I had to find her. I called out," Where are you?"

"Over here!" Her voice boomed far away from my direction.

From that point, I started to cry. Tears were making my vision blurry and my wailing blocked any sounds. "Jocelyn!" I cried as I ran towards the direction where I heard her last. My heart was starting to break from pumping too hard and the breakdown I am having. It caused so much pain in my chest, I couldn't stand anymore. I collapsed. "I'm sorry," I squeak with agony. "I'm so sorry!"

Then, I heard her voice, right behind me, "Ty?"

I turned around to see her. She was in her dress that she wore during Bodil's party. I stood up to hug her. It felt good.

"Ty?" she asked.

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry."

"No, I sho-" the pain in my chest interrupted me. It wasn't the same pain I felt as I ran. I stumbled back to see a knife buried in my chest, where the heart was. I tried to pull it out, but I was getting weak. I looked back at Jocelyn with sadness in my eyes.

"No, I'm sorry," she replied with eyes that lead to a pit of empty space. "I can't live with you." Then, she turned around. "Good bye." And she walked away.

"Jocelyn!" I tried to shout, but it only came out as a mumble. My legs weren't working anymore, so I was on the ground, bleeding to death. It hurts so much that I feel like I deserved it. I caused her so much pain. Maybe this is for the best. Maybe I should die. But, I still love her. I didn't want to live in a world without her. She's the only reason why I'm still alive. I guess if I hurted her, I shouldn't be here.