Chapter 23: Humans

It was night time. Everyone was inside their cozy houses. I flew into the opened window of Sky's house. It was the living room and I only heard Sky's voice, "Okay, Dawn. Have fun."

There were footsteps that left through the main door. This was my chance. I flew up to the bathroom and morphed into my human form. I took my iron sword that i stole and stabbed the mirror. I had some bottle of blood so I opened my claws and dipped into it. I took the bloody claw and wrote: This is your fault.

I heard loud footsteps coming up to the room, so I switched into an ant and crawled out of the bathroom.

"What the-?" Sky said. "Dawn, are you playing with me?"

I giggled, amused by my entertainment. I crawled to the bedroom and become myself again. I placed a human hand, which I had to kill for, on the bed. I poured a pddle of blood all over the hand. I used my claws to write in blood: You hurt me.

I became a bird and unlock the windows to fly out of the house and back into the living room. I found a picture frame with him and Dawn hugging each other. I smashed it onto the floor and wrote in blood: What would you do if she's gone?

"Dawn? This isn't funny!" Sky's voice surfed throughout the house.

What are you doing?

Playing around , of course.

Your "playing around " is scaring him!

Yeah. It's taunting, so what?

Quit it!

No! I changed my form to a bird and flee out. I spent too much time fight with myself. I got a rock, wrote: I can't be stopped. And threw it at the kitchen window. There was a shriek and I flew away, laughing.

I perched on a tree and waited. I needed to get my energy back from all the flapping and morphing. Right now, I'm hungry, and I don't see any animals running around near the town. I need to go further, but I'm just way too tired.

I flew away, flying from branch to branch. I didn't see any animal, but this girl. She was sitting by a small pond, staring into the shining moon. I jumped, morphing into the hybrid and landed on her. She screamed so I covered her mouth. She was squirming. I took a bite of her neck and her muffled screaming got louder. I bit it off her, watching her go pale and breathless. She didn't breathe anymore and blood was spilling out of her neck. Human meat... is better than animal. It looks like I made myself a new menu.