~16

"Um, hello, can I have some help please,"

A voice attracted my attention, dropping the book down with one of the corners folded. It was a guy with squared glasses, he looked very nerdy as well.

"I can help with that sir," I called out, making my way to the worried male, who's eyes was frantically looking at his surroundings, but quickly calmed down when he saw me.

"Ah, yes please, I need help looking for this book's part two," The man said nervously, giving me the book as I stood behind the receptionist desk.

Looking at the book title, I quickly smiled at it before indicating the male to follow me towards the area I just came from and held the book I was reading to the customer's face.

"Is this the one you want?"

"Ah yes! I never knew there would be a part two here, I've checked everywhere for it," The customer explained, reaching over to grab it but I removed it out of his grasp.

"This is mine, don't worry, I'll get you another one, you can just sit down here and wait,"

Quickly going to the shelves, I slowly scanned all of the sections until I finally found it. Rushing back, I couldn't hold my excitement to finally have someone to talk about my favourite book!

"Here it is sir,"

The man had quickly snapped out of his thoughts, receiving the book and patiently waited until I sat down beside him for him to dive into the book.

It stayed like this for about thirty minutes, the wind chimes flickered gently with the light breeze on the opened window....

Isabella. She's been quiet for a while, maybe I was too harsh on her. I just hope she didn't run away again or something.

"Isabella, Isabella are you alright over there-,"

The moment I opened the back door where I came from, my eyes instantly went to the two people sitting beside each other, with no space between them at all.

"So what's going on here,"

Both of them got shocked by my sudden voice, they looked up to see me with uneasy eyes and the other with nervousness.

"No- Nothing sir, we were just reading some books here, who are you?" The man said, clearly nervous, his eyes flickered to me and back to Isabella.

Are those two friends? I've never seen him in the library before.

"I'm the owner of the place and who is this cute girl over here," I questioned clearly even though Isabella was telling me not to say anything.

"Um, actually she- she's my girlfriend!" The man stuttered, setting a hand on Isabella's shoulder but what made me more angry was how she let him to do so.

"I never knew you could lie to a stranger, but she's my girlfriend,"

"How do you know we aren't together," The male challenged even with Isabella telling him to stop.

"Do you even know her name huh? Aish! Can you just stop touching my partner please,"...